Music Forums

Forums > Community Challenges > Are you up for a challenge?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 3 4
This sounds like a good idea! I have always been a fan of timed exercises. Maybe create a pack of drums/synths...put a 30 minute timer on production time and submit.
#2287 Posted Mon 01 May, 2017 12:05 pm
Now that's a really interesting concept....... I'm reading this book called "Sprint" (it's about solving problems and testing/prototyping ideas in a very short timespan and originated from Google)....... now if you translated that to music, that could be very interesting, so for example: you download a drum track from the site and you have to load something back again within 2 hours. Then the next collaborator downloads it (in their own time zone) but has to load something back within 2 hours and so on and so forth until your track is finished.

I think we are going to end up with a lot of really great suggestions here, keep them coming everyone :)
#2288 Posted Mon 01 May, 2017 12:13 pm
Well if Bowie is the concept, you never know what you'll get. There are some Bowie albums I love and some not so much. At times the ripples did leave the stream.
I'm looking for the reincarnation of Mick Ronson. Anyone there?
#2289 Posted Mon 01 May, 2017 1:36 pm
Someday, I think it would be fun to have different teams try to create a song in a new genre. There could be more than one reward based on different criteria, but the obvious one is "most original".
#2290 Posted Mon 01 May, 2017 2:22 pm
Another reward for a new genre challenge could be "best humor". ;)
#2291 Posted Mon 01 May, 2017 2:25 pm
My specialty is discord. I play dis chord, then I play dis chord,etc, etc. Ha, ha, just kidding. Though not that far from the truth. :)
#2292 Posted Mon 01 May, 2017 2:30 pm
I like it Ryan, now you're talking - "most original" I think we'd all like to actually create a piece of music that was really considered a "new genre":)
#2293 Posted Mon 01 May, 2017 2:46 pm
My specialty is discord. I play dis chord, then I play dis chord,etc, etc. Ha, ha, just kidding. Though not that far from the truth. :)

Originally posted by ShannonB on Mon 01 May, 2017

Haha......... You're probably not alone on that front Shannon, that probably sums up my piano playing ability :)
#2294 Posted Mon 01 May, 2017 2:48 pm
I like the new genre idea. But at the end of the day it's hard to determine what's new. Every band that ever claimed to be "alternative" thought they had a new genre. It's all just rock to me. But I would certainly try
#2295 Posted Mon 01 May, 2017 4:47 pm
Two points I'd like to make are that it should be a challenge and not a contest where one is judged. I also don't think it should have to be excluding singular efforts, the emphasis should be on the challenge and getting people to participate. Teams may forge because of this at a later stage but enforcing that at the beginning will most likely see people pull back.
#2296 Posted Mon 01 May, 2017 5:51 pm
1 2 3 4

Forums > Community Challenges > Are you up for a challenge?Page 2 of 4

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up