Music Forums

Forums > Community Challenges > 2016 Valentine Challenge

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 3
“You are a lover. Borrow Cupid's wings and soar with them above a common bound.”
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

What better way to start off the New Year than with a sappy love song? For this challenge, collaborators will tell a story of love and romance and will carefully craft it with words and music.

Unlike previous challenges, we will not be assigning the teams, so you can freely invite and collaborate with whoever you like. However, a member can only participate in a single entry.

There’s also no registration time cut-off. So members can decide to take up the challenge at any time prior to closing.

To enter the challenge, you must post in this forum the title of your song and the names of your team members, and publish your song into the Music Library no later than midnight, February 12th, 2016 (EST).

Valentine’s Challenge Rules

- Your lyrics must portray an intricate story of love
- The song must be written and performed as a collaboration with no less than two members
- Only one entry per team is allowed. And, with the exception of audio engineers, a member can only collaborate in one team.
- Your project must be a "Public by Invite" project
- Any member can enter. Moderators and the like sadly cannot
- Your song must be original, 100% written, recorded, and produced by the team
- Your cover art must be a Creative Commons image sourced from a non-member - please make sure you give proper credit to the artist/photographer in the project’s credit section.

Cupid’s Target

Contest entries will be judged by Cupid’s Arrows on the following three criteria using a scale ranging from 1 - 4, with a total possible overall score of 12.

1. Theme – Its valentine! Music and lyrics hit the mark by oozing love and romance
2. Hit Factor – Could this song be the next chart topping #1 lurve song?
3. Storyline - A narrative that would make William Shakespeare proud

Challenge results will be posted on February 14th. Winners and runner up(s) will receive a stunning ProCollabs Grammy for their profile!

For questions or help, contact Raven or MonkeyC.

Okie dokie, show us some lurve!
#1081 Posted Wed 06 Jan, 2016 8:31 am
Welp, you can count me in.. but I need partners :)

I'm very much so a "blank page syndrome" kinda guy. creating something out of nothing isn't my forte.. But give me a bed, a piano line, or even a riff, and I'll be the happiest of campers *)

I actually have a concept (that I will only reveal to my teammates LOL) all I need is some kind of bed to make it stick :)

anyone in?

I'd prefer not to be the leader of the project... I'm not a good boss, so anyone want to hire me ?
#1084 Posted Wed 06 Jan, 2016 11:37 pm
I would love to participate. I have a sort of a melody/song (love song). How can I enter the contest? For my Team I'd need at least a singer, lyricist & someone who can do the mix. I'm looking forward :)
#1091 Posted Thu 07 Jan, 2016 12:00 pm
Hey guys, we usually do team pairings, but we're trying something a bit different this time around.

@jasmin92 - if you have the initial song idea, start a 'Public by Invite' project, then you can invite other members. By the way, Greg (the artist in the above post) is actually looking to join in too - so maybe you guys can work together? :)
#1094 Posted Thu 07 Jan, 2016 7:03 pm
@Raven Thnx! I'll start the project & send the invites. Is there a max to how many people can join the team?
#1096 Posted Fri 08 Jan, 2016 3:28 am
I've uploaded a song but something went wrong.. I will try to upload it tonight again.
#1098 Posted Fri 08 Jan, 2016 8:20 am
I'm in! ;)
#1099 Posted Fri 08 Jan, 2016 8:25 am
What I got from You

This is the title of my Valentine entry
No members at this moment other than me. I did write some music in 6/8 but thought I would start with the lyrics and see where it goes.
#1157 Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2016 9:28 pm
@hotjams - cool beans!! :)
#1158 Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2016 11:53 am
Hey ya'll,

There are about 13 days left - so far all of the collaborations are sounding amazing.

Please don't forget - To enter the challenge, you must post in this forum the title of your song and the names of your team members, and publish your song into the Music Library no later than midnight, February 12th, 2016 (EST).

Also, please make sure to go over the rules (above) before completing your project.

If you've never closed/completed a project before and need some guidance, you can read through the 'Completing a Project' tutorial https://www.procollabs.com/tutorials/completing_a_project .

If you still need help, please let me or MonkeyC know by sending us a private message.

Good luck everyone, you all ROCK! :)
#1163 Posted Sat 30 Jan, 2016 2:18 pm
1 2 3

Forums > Community Challenges > 2016 Valentine ChallengePage 1 of 3

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up