Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > public/private/member projects

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

What's the difference between a public project vs a member project?
#1629 Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2016 6:07 am
What's the difference between a public project vs a member project?

Originally posted by DanielWilliams on Thu 07 Jul, 2016

Hey Daniel.

A good place to start is here https://www.procollabs.com/tutorials/starting_a_project - it describes the differences. But in a nutshell, its about the different levels of visibility and access a project has.

A 'public' project can be seen by non-members (anyone who is not logged in can see it listed in the active projects, and listen to it if there is a featured track).

A 'member' project can't be seen by non members, but the rest of us will see it and be able to comment etc.

In a private project, only you and your collaborators will be able to see the action (i.e. tracks, comments, etc) - but the rest of the community will know that a private project exists if we visit your profile, where it will be listed (useful if you just want to show that you are working on something) . The only difference between the secret project and the private project is the fact that a secret project is completely hidden to members.

If you checkout my profile, you'll be able to see an example of what this looks like.

Hope that makes sense.
#1630 Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2016 6:27 am
Hey Daniel. A good place to start is here https://www.procollabs.com/tutorials/starting_a_project - it describes the differences. But in a nutshell, its about the different levels of visibility and access a project has. A 'public' project can be seen by non-members (anyone who is not logged in can see it listed in the active projects, and listen to it if there is a featured track). A 'member' project can't be seen by non members, but the rest of us will see it and be able to comment etc. In a private project, only you and your collaborators will be able to see the action (i.e. tracks, comments, etc) - but the rest of the community will know that a private project exists if we visit your profile, where it will be listed (useful if you just want to show that you are working on something) . The only difference between the secret project and the private project is the fact that a secret project is completely hidden to members. If you checkout my profile, you'll be able to see an example of what this looks like. Hope that makes sense.

Originally posted by MonkeyC on Thu 07 Jul, 2016

OK...thanks. That's what I thought...just wanted to be sure : )
#1631 Posted Thu 07 Jul, 2016 6:31 am

Forums > Hangout > public/private/member projectsPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up