Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Interesting and opportunities

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2
Hello again and again,
I have had an idea for years. Now it seems that McDonalds has been wire-tapping my brain.
My idea has always been to combine a diner type restaurant with a decently equipped recording, mixing and rehearsal studio on the second floor. Briefly, on the first floor each table would have a small mixer under a plate of glass, headphones and the option to try their hand at mixing or editing live or pre-recorded tracks for their friends or themselves. Think about it. It's a great idea. Anyone have an extra couple hundred-thousand dollars kicking around. As for the BIG MAC!!

http://www.prosoundnetwork.com/blogs/2370/view

They thought it was a great idea also.
TC
#1475 Posted Fri 20 May, 2016 12:00 am
And another one bites the dust,

Dear Music Connection Readers,
online registration form
https://online.songwriting.net/?promo=MC3

TIME SENSITIVE - Enter the world's TOP songwriting competition. 15 award categories you can enter. 23 Billboard top 10 artists have ALREADY been discovered! Past winners hit #1 on the charts and went Double Platinum - Will YOU be next? Enter Online here

The deadline of the 2016 USA Songwriting Competition is fast approaching. We are proud to say that 2016 is our landmark 21st consecutive year that we have been honoring songwriters like you. Your talent is what weighs the odds in someones favor. We've had winners come from Australia, Japan, UK, Germany, Brazil, Africa--of course the USA and Canada. In addition to collecting a cool top prize of $50,000 in wonderful music gear and cash from Sony, D'Addario Strings, PreSonus, Audio-Technica, PRS Guitars and more, past winners have received publishing, recording contracts, representation, songs used on films and TV--as well as getting cuts with major artists! Check the record. We discover stars. Just entering boosts your confidence and oftentimes has a surprisingly positive effect on your fate and fortune. I'm sharing what thousands of past entrants reported! Enter Online here

Also, have your winning songs played on radio! Enter in Pop, Rock/Alt, Folk, R&B, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Instrumental, etc. Our sponsors are the top players in our industry: Sony, PRS Guitars, D'Addario Strings, Recording Magazine, New Music Weekly, Loggins Promotion, Airplay Access, Audio-Technica, Presonus, Sonoma Wireworks, IK Multimedia, Intellitouch Tuners, Sweetwater, Landr, etc.

Now we are THE world's biggest, most respected songwriting discovery organization--with countless now-famous and prosperous artists tracing THEIR success and discovery to entering our Songwriting Competition. Whether it's American Authors, Distant Cousins, Justine & Kerris Dorsey, Meghan Tainor, Darrell Scott, Kate Voegele, The Waifs, Ari Gold or many, many more--they all burst to fame and their careers quickly hurtled upward--once they entered and won one of our contests. Looking back now--I probably always sensed a powerful truth. If you gain distinction in a competitive arena--you achieve a different status in the eyes of record companies, producers and the listening audience. Stations court you. Radio DJs play your music. Clubs start calling. Buzz starts spreading. Enter Online here

Past winners have gotten recording contracts, getting their songs on film, TV as well as getting cuts with major artists. The 2015 winning song was placed on American Idol as well as the box office hit movie, This Is Where I Leave You, starring Jason Bateman and Tina Fey. The 2014 winner got signed to Walt Disney Music, and the winning song appeared in the hit movie Alexander the Terrible..., starring Steve Carrell and Jennifer Garner. The 2013 winner hit #1 on the Billboard charts, went Double Platinum, selling over two million copies! The 2007 winner hit Top 10 on the Billboard charts with his winning song. The 2005 winner of the Country category had his winning song cut by Country Superstar Faith Hill. The 2005 winner of the Pop category was signed by Interscope Records. Our 2008 winner appeared on David Letterman TV show and got signed to a record label! Enter Online here

Bottom line: we get you both artistically--and emotionally, and we love and believe in you because of your passion and desire!

Our winners all got enormous boost from their careers from entering. They weren't successful and acknowledged before they entered. Now they are, and they can attribute their success and enormous shift from entering USA Songwriting Competition. It doesn't matter which genre you write in....

If you've written songs you're proud of, enter them in our 21st Annual USA Songwriting Competition--help us and our industry partners "discover you."

We also want to invest in your success and help fuel even more creative inspiration. We have crystallized and pieced together our approach and put our expertise to help songwriters gain exposure. This approach is what caused USA Songwriting Competition to rise in prominence to become the preeminent songwriting competition in the world. USA Songwriting Competition has been seen in music industry trades such as Billboard Magazine, Keyboard Magazine, Music Connection and many more.

*DEADLINE APPROACHING: Enter by May 27th or earlier! Hurry, enter online here:
https://online.songwriting.net/?promo=MC3

or print out a mail in entry form here:
http://www.songwriting.net/entryform

Why enter? Hear some of what people are saying:

AmericanAuthors-Platinum.jpg

"We are so excited to win this competition. We entered this competition as unsigned acts, came out as top winner, signed to Island Records and we hit #1 on the Billboard charts!" -Dave Rublin (American Authors), winner of the 18th Annual USA Songwriting Competition (2013), hit #1 on the Billboard Charts and went Double Platinum, selling over two million copies. (See pictured: USA Songwriting Competition winner on TV - Live! with Kelly and Michael) Enter Online here

"Iím still in shock! And it's extra meaningful to me because the winning song was the first real song I wrote with my sister. The journey of this song has been absolutely amazing!" -Justine Dorsey, winner of the 19th Annual USA Songwriting Competition (2014), along with her sister Kerris, their song appeared in the Box Office Hit Movie Alexander and the Terrible..., starring Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner

"I encourage all songwriters, regardless of experience and regardless of production to enter. To have my song's quality validated by those I respect means so much. Winning has inspired me to work even harder at my craft. Enter!! Do it!!!" -Robert Jason, winner of the Gospel/Inspirational category, 2015 USA Songwriting Competition.

"I realized that most songwriters I know enter USA Songwriting Competition. It is wonderful what they are doing and helping songwriters like us." -Rich A. Miller, songwriter

"This is a great place for talent to be found." -Monte Lipman, President & CEO of Universal Records

ClickHereToEnterOnlineNow.jpg

Dedicated to the art & excellence of songwriting,

KarenRandle-Signature2.jpg

Karen Randle
Artist Relations
USA Songwriting Competition

P.S.: Hurry, time is running out, this is very important and time sensitive for you and your music as the Deadline is fast approaching, Enter online now

P.P.S.: We are proud of having PRS Guitars as our sponsor, this means cool PRS guitars for our winners, how cool is that? Enter Online here

180-150banner
Copyright © 2016 USA Songwriting Competition
#1476 Posted Fri 20 May, 2016 12:09 am
And another one bites the dust, Dear Music Connection Readers, online registration form https://online.songwriting.net/?promo=MC3 TIME SENSITIVE - Enter the world's TOP songwriting competition. 15 award categories you can enter. 23 Billboard top 10 artists have ALREADY been discovered! Past winners hit #1 on the charts and went Double Platinum - Will YOU be next? Enter Online here The deadline of the 2016 USA Songwriting Competition is fast approaching. We are proud to say that 2016 is our landmark 21st consecutive year that we have been honoring songwriters like you. Your talent is what weighs the odds in someones favor. We've had winners come from Australia, Japan, UK, Germany, Brazil, Africa--of course the USA and Canada. In addition to collecting a cool top prize of $50,000 in wonderful music gear and cash from Sony, D'Addario Strings, PreSonus, Audio-Technica, PRS Guitars and more, past winners have received publishing, recording contracts, representation, songs used on films and TV--as well as getting cuts with major artists! Check the record. We discover stars. Just entering boosts your confidence and oftentimes has a surprisingly positive effect on your fate and fortune. I'm sharing what thousands of past entrants reported! Enter Online here Also, have your winning songs played on radio! Enter in Pop, Rock/Alt, Folk, R&B, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Instrumental, etc. Our sponsors are the top players in our industry: Sony, PRS Guitars, D'Addario Strings, Recording Magazine, New Music Weekly, Loggins Promotion, Airplay Access, Audio-Technica, Presonus, Sonoma Wireworks, IK Multimedia, Intellitouch Tuners, Sweetwater, Landr, etc. Now we are THE world's biggest, most respected songwriting discovery organization--with countless now-famous and prosperous artists tracing THEIR success and discovery to entering our Songwriting Competition. Whether it's American Authors, Distant Cousins, Justine & Kerris Dorsey, Meghan Tainor, Darrell Scott, Kate Voegele, The Waifs, Ari Gold or many, many more--they all burst to fame and their careers quickly hurtled upward--once they entered and won one of our contests. Looking back now--I probably always sensed a powerful truth. If you gain distinction in a competitive arena--you achieve a different status in the eyes of record companies, producers and the listening audience. Stations court you. Radio DJs play your music. Clubs start calling. Buzz starts spreading. Enter Online here Past winners have gotten recording contracts, getting their songs on film, TV as well as getting cuts with major artists. The 2015 winning song was placed on American Idol as well as the box office hit movie, This Is Where I Leave You, starring Jason Bateman and Tina Fey. The 2014 winner got signed to Walt Disney Music, and the winning song appeared in the hit movie Alexander the Terrible..., starring Steve Carrell and Jennifer Garner. The 2013 winner hit #1 on the Billboard charts, went Double Platinum, selling over two million copies! The 2007 winner hit Top 10 on the Billboard charts with his winning song. The 2005 winner of the Country category had his winning song cut by Country Superstar Faith Hill. The 2005 winner of the Pop category was signed by Interscope Records. Our 2008 winner appeared on David Letterman TV show and got signed to a record label! Enter Online here Bottom line: we get you both artistically--and emotionally, and we love and believe in you because of your passion and desire! Our winners all got enormous boost from their careers from entering. They weren't successful and acknowledged before they entered. Now they are, and they can attribute their success and enormous shift from entering USA Songwriting Competition. It doesn't matter which genre you write in.... If you've written songs you're proud of, enter them in our 21st Annual USA Songwriting Competition--help us and our industry partners "discover you." We also want to invest in your success and help fuel even more creative inspiration. We have crystallized and pieced together our approach and put our expertise to help songwriters gain exposure. This approach is what caused USA Songwriting Competition to rise in prominence to become the preeminent songwriting competition in the world. USA Songwriting Competition has been seen in music industry trades such as Billboard Magazine, Keyboard Magazine, Music Connection and many more. *DEADLINE APPROACHING: Enter by May 27th or earlier! Hurry, enter online here: https://online.songwriting.net/?promo=MC3 or print out a mail in entry form here: http://www.songwriting.net/entryform Why enter? Hear some of what people are saying: AmericanAuthors-Platinum.jpg "We are so excited to win this competition. We entered this competition as unsigned acts, came out as top winner, signed to Island Records and we hit #1 on the Billboard charts!" -Dave Rublin (American Authors), winner of the 18th Annual USA Songwriting Competition (2013), hit #1 on the Billboard Charts and went Double Platinum, selling over two million copies. (See pictured: USA Songwriting Competition winner on TV - Live! with Kelly and Michael) Enter Online here "Iím still in shock! And it's extra meaningful to me because the winning song was the first real song I wrote with my sister. The journey of this song has been absolutely amazing!" -Justine Dorsey, winner of the 19th Annual USA Songwriting Competition (2014), along with her sister Kerris, their song appeared in the Box Office Hit Movie Alexander and the Terrible..., starring Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner "I encourage all songwriters, regardless of experience and regardless of production to enter. To have my song's quality validated by those I respect means so much. Winning has inspired me to work even harder at my craft. Enter!! Do it!!!" -Robert Jason, winner of the Gospel/Inspirational category, 2015 USA Songwriting Competition. "I realized that most songwriters I know enter USA Songwriting Competition. It is wonderful what they are doing and helping songwriters like us." -Rich A. Miller, songwriter "This is a great place for talent to be found." -Monte Lipman, President & CEO of Universal Records ClickHereToEnterOnlineNow.jpg Dedicated to the art & excellence of songwriting, KarenRandle-Signature2.jpg Karen Randle Artist Relations USA Songwriting Competition P.S.: Hurry, time is running out, this is very important and time sensitive for you and your music as the Deadline is fast approaching, Enter online now P.P.S.: We are proud of having PRS Guitars as our sponsor, this means cool PRS guitars for our winners, how cool is that? Enter Online here 180-150banner Copyright © 2016 USA Songwriting Competition

Originally posted by tomic on Fri 20 May, 2016

I remember reading that artists should be very careful when entering these types of competitions - because they could possibly be a scam. Not saying that this one is - but at $35.00 per song, man they must be making a mint!

There was one site in particular that was called out and eventually taken down - due to the person running it being a scam artist. I remember he claimed that a bunch of big-named celebrities were going to be judging this so-called competition. Until one of the supposed judges caught wind of their name being used on the site and exposed them.

I guess ya never really know! :/
#1477 Posted Fri 20 May, 2016 12:19 am
I remember reading that artists should be very careful when entering these types of competitions - because they could possibly be a scam. Not saying that this one is - but at $35.00 per song, man they must be making a mint! There was one site in particular that was called out and eventually taken down - due to the person running it being a scam artist. I remember he claimed that a bunch of big-named celebrities were going to be judging this so-called competition. Until one of the supposed judges caught wind of their name being used on the site and exposed them. I guess ya never really know! :/

Originally posted by RAVEN on Fri 20 May, 2016

Ahh my sweet voiced Raven of all Ravens. I do check out all info on anything that I post for our wonder, wonder wonderful members. I do not post anything that I don't believe is legit. Even after doing back-checks and realizing it is legit, I follow my overstated gut and keep silent on something that I passed on originally. And what are you doing up so late, HUH?
Obviously you don't need anymore beauty sleep, so why? Oh well, you're a big girl and know what you like to do. Like keeping me and everyone else honest. : - )
So keep on keeping on.
T
#1479 Posted Fri 20 May, 2016 12:58 am
And so another post another post bites the same dust!

Who doesn't love freebies? Who loves free plug-ins even more. I do I do.

http://www.emusician.com/how-to/1334/master-class-pump-up-your-mix-with-free-audio-plug-ins/55305
T
#1480 Posted Fri 20 May, 2016 1:01 am
Just passing this one along since I am not an artist. If you are, and you have a significant following, this might be something to check out. Also, as Dani (Raven) always says, be vigilant in checking things out first.

SEEKING GREAT NEW SONGWRITER-ARTIST. Read all following submission details. Deadline is variable until artist is chosen. DESCRIPTION: Emmy Winning/Hit Music Producer/Songwriter Michèle Vice-Maslin, is holding a search for Michèle’s newest recording / performing artist project. Just as Michèle developed, produced, mentored and co-wrote with hit sensation Ke$ha (& many others), Michèle is now on the search to find the next great talent.

DETAILS: The project will be a fully produced 10 song album and will be funded through Kickstarter or similar platform. The artist can be male or female, solo or group. They just need to have a clear vision of who they are as an artist and what style of music they want to write and record and perform. They must also have a very large established fan base (in the thousands) and be able to play an instrument well enough to perform solo and with a live band. The artist should be a songwriter. Any style/genre of music is acceptable (i.e. singer/songwriter, pop, dance, country, rock, alternative, urban, etc.). Lastly, the artist must be very available to travel to Los Angeles for the writing and vocal recording of the project and travel after the completion of the project for promotional purposes, gigs, concerts,etc.

SUBMISSIONS: If you or any one you know might be interested and fits the specifications, please contact Mengting Hou, mengtingla@gmail.com at Sweetersongs with your information, website, epk, etc.
#1505 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 6:08 am
Just passing this one along since I am not an artist. If you are, and you have a significant following, this might be something to check out. Also, as Dani (Raven) always says, be vigilant in checking things out first. SEEKING GREAT NEW SONGWRITER-ARTIST. Read all following submission details. Deadline is variable until artist is chosen. DESCRIPTION: Emmy Winning/Hit Music Producer/Songwriter Michèle Vice-Maslin, is holding a search for Michèle’s newest recording / performing artist project. Just as Michèle developed, produced, mentored and co-wrote with hit sensation Ke$ha (& many others), Michèle is now on the search to find the next great talent. DETAILS: The project will be a fully produced 10 song album and will be funded through Kickstarter or similar platform. The artist can be male or female, solo or group. They just need to have a clear vision of who they are as an artist and what style of music they want to write and record and perform. They must also have a very large established fan base (in the thousands) and be able to play an instrument well enough to perform solo and with a live band. The artist should be a songwriter. Any style/genre of music is acceptable (i.e. singer/songwriter, pop, dance, country, rock, alternative, urban, etc.). Lastly, the artist must be very available to travel to Los Angeles for the writing and vocal recording of the project and travel after the completion of the project for promotional purposes, gigs, concerts,etc. SUBMISSIONS: If you or any one you know might be interested and fits the specifications, please contact Mengting Hou, mengtingla@gmail.com at Sweetersongs with your information, website, epk, etc.

Originally posted by kimberh on Tue 31 May, 2016

"established fan base (in the thousands)" .. My mom likes my music, that must count for something?
#1506 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 9:13 am
That's along the lines of what I thought when I read that MONKEY! haha
#1507 Posted Tue 31 May, 2016 11:50 am
Here is a little bit of who is getting paid for what and how much (is that talent in the window) is worth.

http://www.keyboardmag.com/artists/1236/bread-in-your-jar-berklees-report-on-music-career-pay/58699

Please remember, whenever negotiating for a paying gig, people will always tell you what their top their prices are and how they're paying the going rate. However, you must decide where your bottom line is. This post should give a general idea that's helpful I hope.

Here is a link to the entire Berklee guideline.
https://www.berklee.edu/sites/default/files/Music%20Careers%20in%20Dollars%20and%20Cents%202016-rh_0.pdf
#1610 Posted Fri 01 Jul, 2016 4:05 pm
Clearly I'm a rubbish negotiator then, I mean my mum loves my music although my wife is a bit ambivalent, and I've just sold my creative ability for $6 (minus my agent's commission). I just read the article and didn't realise I could have got upwards of $3,000,000 for taking my band on a sell out arena tour, I mean how hard can it be?

Still at least I have the accolade of being the first person on ProCollabs to actually get paid on a "work for hire" basis.

I'm putting my rates up and am now available at $7.50 - PM me for more details :)
#1611 Posted Fri 01 Jul, 2016 5:31 pm
1 2

Forums > Hangout > Interesting and opportunitiesPage 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up