Music Forums

Forums > Community Challenges > In the Style of - Challenge 2016

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 3
Just thought I would share some inspiration to those entering this challenge. My bud Bleu is a master at this sort of thing. While he was still under contract with a major label, this was a side project covering the sound of Def Leppard. Loud Lion... Get it? LOL Featuring Allison Robertson from The Donnas on guitar. They even managed to land a movie placement in Balls of Fury. He also did an ELO sounding project called LEO during the same time period. Both albums are fantastic sound a likes he did just for fun!

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Mon 11 Jul, 2016

Wow, that was crazy! If I closed my eyes & just listened, I would think this was early Def Leppard. The 'hey hey' sounded almost identical to what DL has done on so many of their songs.

But yeah, this is exactly what the 'In the Style of' challenge is about. Thanks for sharing this! :)
#1683 Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2016 1:44 pm
Wow, that was crazy! If I closed my eyes & just listened, I would think this was early Def Leppard. The 'hey hey' sounded almost identical to what DL has done on so many of their songs. But yeah, this is exactly what the 'In the Style of' challenge is about. Thanks for sharing this! :)

Originally posted by RAVEN on Mon 11 Jul, 2016

I think a lot of people who saw the movie thought it was DL. lol Here is one of the L.E.O... E.L.O. sound-a-likes. ;-)
#1684 Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2016 2:19 pm
I think a lot of people who saw the movie thought it was DL. lol Here is one of the L.E.O... E.L.O. sound-a-likes. ;-)

These are the same guys who did the DL soundalike song?
#1685 Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2016 3:05 pm
These are the same guys who did the DL soundalike song?

Originally posted by RAVEN on Mon 11 Jul, 2016

Not all the same band members. ;-) These were side projects Bleu did while waiting for his album masters to be returned to him. There were three projects Here is the third. Kind of a power-pop of thing with Mike Viola from the Candy Butchers. All great! ;-)
#1686 Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2016 3:17 pm
Just thought I would share some inspiration to those entering this challenge. My bud Bleu is a master at this sort of thing. While he was still under contract with a major label, this was a side project covering the sound of Def Leppard. Loud Lion... Get it? LOL Featuring Allison Robertson from The Donnas on guitar. They even managed to land a movie placement in Balls of Fury. He also did an ELO sounding project called LEO during the same time period. Both albums are fantastic sound a likes he did just for fun!

Wow, seriously impressive ....... If they enter then the rest of us had better pack our bags and head home - unless we make them have to cover The Spice Girls "Wannabe" then we may have a chance :)
#1687 Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2016 3:35 pm
Not all the same band members. ;-) These were side projects Bleu did while waiting for his album masters to be returned to him. There were three projects Here is the third. Kind of a power-pop of thing with Mike Viola from the Candy Butchers. All great! ;-)

Clearly they were a pretty talented bunch - this sounds just a little bit like 10cc :)
#1688 Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2016 3:38 pm
Clearly they were a pretty talented bunch - this sounds just a little bit like 10cc :)

Originally posted by Vuya on Mon 11 Jul, 2016

Yeah, these guys are really good!
#1689 Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2016 3:44 pm

Originally posted by Vuya on Mon 11 Jul, 2016

Yep! Makes me wonder why I even try sometimes! lol
#1690 Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2016 3:52 pm
Yep! Makes me wonder why I even try sometimes! lol

Haha...... I was thinking exactly the same thing :)
#1691 Posted Mon 11 Jul, 2016 3:53 pm
My song is "You and Me and Him", mixed and mastered by Tom DeGroot. My friend David contributed invisible drums and Tove provided moral support.
#1867 Posted Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:18 pm
1 2 3

Forums > Community Challenges > In the Style of - Challenge 2016Page 2 of 3

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up