Music Forums

Forums > Drums and Percussion > Time signature?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Let me first say, I'm a lyricist/vocalist. I don't know technical talk and I can't even read music (I play by ear). So as I'm trying to find collaborators for my project, I have something specific in mind for drums, and I'm trying to find a basic loop for the time being just to get the ball rolling. I've got the BPM (60) but I cant seem to find the specific pattern of drumming. Not quite a waltz... waltz is like, ba ba BUM ba ba BUM.... mine is more like, bum bum BA bum bum BA bum bum

I have no idea if that's helpful or not, but I would certainly be willing to join a Zoom call or something else to make it more clear, hopefully.
#4493 Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2021 2:08 pm
Welcome to ProCollabs Meagan - that sounds relatively easy to resolve - especially if you just want a holding loop. I could probably find something for you, or even just programme a simple loop if that helps. I’ll send you a message via ProCollabs mail.

Steve
#4494 Posted Wed 09 Jun, 2021 2:32 pm
Let me first say, I'm a lyricist/vocalist. I don't know technical talk and I can't even read music (I play by ear). So as I'm trying to find collaborators for my project, I have something specific in mind for drums, and I'm trying to find a basic loop for the time being just to get the ball rolling. I've got the BPM (60) but I cant seem to find the specific pattern of drumming. Not quite a waltz... waltz is like, ba ba BUM ba ba BUM.... mine is more like, bum bum BA bum bum BA bum bum I have no idea if that's helpful or not, but I would certainly be willing to join a Zoom call or something else to make it more clear, hopefully.

Originally posted by MadameBlack on Wed 09 Jun, 2021

I would have to hear it first, I can't really translate your bums into anything I would know. 60 bpm is a pretty slow tempo though so It maybe a little more tricky finding the groove you want since there is so much space to work with.
#4530 Posted Wed 23 Jun, 2021 10:38 pm
I would have to hear it first, I can't really translate your bums into anything I would know. 60 bpm is a pretty slow tempo though so It maybe a little more tricky finding the groove you want since there is so much space to work with.

Originally posted by georgeyatesiii on Wed 23 Jun, 2021

I've talked to several people and they all say it's about a 4/4 timing at around 60 BPM. The closest thing I've come to find is that it's rather similar to the drums in The Noose by A Perfect Circle. I think the meter that I was referring to doesnt actually match up with my song, unfortunately
#4532 Posted Thu 24 Jun, 2021 12:56 am
I've talked to several people and they all say it's about a 4/4 timing at around 60 BPM. The closest thing I've come to find is that it's rather similar to the drums in The Noose by A Perfect Circle. I think the meter that I was referring to doesnt actually match up with my song, unfortunately

Originally posted by MadameBlack on Thu 24 Jun, 2021

The Noose intro, although in 4/4, has an accent every third 16th note, creating a metric modulation that gives it a lovely syncopated feel. Every third bar the accent pattern lands back on the 1.

Is that what you are looking for?

#4536 Posted Sat 26 Jun, 2021 11:41 am
I'm sure some adjusting would need to be done, but basically... at least as far as I understand what you just said, lol
#4537 Posted Mon 28 Jun, 2021 8:21 pm

Forums > Drums and Percussion > Time signature?Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up