Music Forums

Forums > Drums and Percussion > Digital/Electronic kits.....

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

I just recently picked up a SIMMONS SD1000 kit on sale at guitar center. I'm not really a drummer but I can keep a beat lol :) ....
Anyway, the "high hat sensitivity" options on this thing drive me completely insane! Anyone have any experience with this?
#2642 Posted Sun 06 Aug, 2017 5:20 pm
I just recently picked up a SIMMONS SD1000 kit on sale at guitar center. I'm not really a drummer but I can keep a beat lol :) .... Anyway, the "high hat sensitivity" options on this thing drive me completely insane! Anyone have any experience with this?

Originally posted by JAPOV on Sun 06 Aug, 2017

Hi there,

I don't have any experience with that specific electronic kit. Though I can say that pretty much every electronic kit I've ever played has had a similar issue with the exception of the super high end Roland electronic kits. The high-hat controller always feels a little off. Even if you spend the time tinkering with the settings on the module to adjust the sensitivity, it will likely never have the same 'Feel' as real high-hats.
#2971 Posted Fri 03 Nov, 2017 3:32 pm

Forums > Drums and Percussion > Digital/Electronic kits.....Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up