Music Forums

Forums > Project Critique > Song feedback

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Hi! First post ?

It would be amazing if you could check out some songs, maybe pick your favorite and give me some feedback! I would be super grateful and hoping to work with some of you guys!

https://open.spotify.com/artist/60J0vanEu1KUAR7EELxpMa?si=B9_41ugsRTmxtXKCz0uhcw
#4352 Posted Thu 29 Oct, 2020 7:39 pm
Hi! First post ? It would be amazing if you could check out some songs, maybe pick your favorite and give me some feedback! I would be super grateful and hoping to work with some of you guys! https://open.spotify.com/artist/60J0vanEu1KUAR7EELxpMa?si=B9_41ugsRTmxtXKCz0uhcw

Originally posted by octopuss on Thu 29 Oct, 2020

Hi, welcome to the site. 

I think What's Yours is my fave of the bunch.  Honestly, I think all of the songs are great, but would definitely benefit from better mixes. 

#4353 Posted Thu 29 Oct, 2020 8:25 pm
Hi! First post ? It would be amazing if you could check out some songs, maybe pick your favorite and give me some feedback! I would be super grateful and hoping to work with some of you guys! https://open.spotify.com/artist/60J0vanEu1KUAR7EELxpMa?si=B9_41ugsRTmxtXKCz0uhcw

Originally posted by octopuss on Thu 29 Oct, 2020

Hey, welcome!

Love the music! All of the tracks are pretty cool, and vocals are great in my opinion. I agree with Raven, I think improving the production and better mixes could enhance the tracks. 

Being a little more critical, for me, pressing play on your first track "Skies Are Black" probably gave quite a bad first/immediate impression.. initially. The distorted distant synth layered with a very clean, upfront piano that just comes in sounded kinda amateur.  But as the track got going, things sounded better. And the vocals sound good. As I moved through the tracks, actually it all sounded much better. Just some rough edges perhaps - or move Skies Are Black further down the playlist :)

Drums were another area that I wasn't keen. They generally sounded like badly programmed drums, or just bad playing. Definitely think you could work more on the drumming on the tracks. Not super keen on some of the drum sounds choices in places either.

Guitars sound ok. Playing is nothing special imho, but riffs are cool and go well with the tracks.  I think more at issue for me is how the guitars sit in the mix a lot of the time. Just stand out too much in places.

I think, overall, the production could be a little more cohesive to bring it all together, and the mix improved so that everything sits right all the way through.

As for a favorite, I think "No Use to Love" would be my pick - great guitar hook in the intro! 

Overall, good creative songs for your style and sound imho! 

Take it easy

Lee 

#4355 Posted Fri 30 Oct, 2020 5:57 am

Forums > Project Critique > Song feedbackPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up