Music Forums

Forums > Project Critique > Lies mix critique

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Hey guys and gals. We're just finishing off our project, Lies, over here in the corner - http://www.procollabs.com/project/605 - would be great to get some extra ears on this for the final mix. Truths only please! Thanks for your input :)
#2086 Posted Mon 23 Jan, 2017 11:35 am
I think the mix is real good. The only thing, for me, is the bass seems a little lost in the mix. That could just be a taste thing. If this is the mastered version, I would check the volume level against a reference track. The first thing that came to mind was how much it sounded like an old Christian band called Resurrection Band. Well done!
https://youtu.be/72xfi9I53lk?list=PLPLQWDmWPmctIhjQJOkhV8ht_VzNAbe9A
Tony
#2090 Posted Wed 25 Jan, 2017 10:53 am
I think the mix is real good. The only thing, for me, is the bass seems a little lost in the mix. That could just be a taste thing. If this is the mastered version, I would check the volume level against a reference track. The first thing that came to mind was how much it sounded like an old Christian band called Resurrection Band. Well done! https://youtu.be/72xfi9I53lk?list=PLPLQWDmWPmctIhjQJOkhV8ht_VzNAbe9A Tony

Originally posted by tpistilli on Wed 25 Jan, 2017

Hey, Tony. Thanks for the feedback. I'll have another listen to the bass as you suggested. It's not mastered yet btw, wanna get the mix best I can first.

Yeah, some similarities with that Resurrection band. Nice call :)
#2091 Posted Wed 25 Jan, 2017 11:59 am
I don't know why, but after he sings "looking for love, looking for fun, Isn't it a pity" I keep expecting to hear "Im on a highway to hell" :)
#2092 Posted Wed 25 Jan, 2017 4:42 pm
I don't know why, but after he sings "looking for love, looking for fun, Isn't it a pity" I keep expecting to hear "Im on a highway to hell" :)

Originally posted by TamTamAmsterdam on Wed 25 Jan, 2017

Hahahaha! That would be the non-Christian version I suppose. ;-)
#2093 Posted Wed 25 Jan, 2017 8:02 pm
Hey Tone (if you hate this new nickname, let me know & I'll stop using it ;), good to see you here, even though as we both know, this place can be addictive! :)
#2094 Posted Thu 26 Jan, 2017 7:09 am
Hey Tone (if you hate this new nickname, let me know & I'll stop using it ;), good to see you here, even though as we both know, this place can be addictive! :)

Originally posted by ShannonB on Thu 26 Jan, 2017

Yeah, the Tone this got me confused. I didn't know you were talking to me....ha ha ;-)
#2095 Posted Thu 26 Jan, 2017 9:28 am
Reminds me a little of the Smithereens. Cool snare drum sound. Excellent performances. I agree that the bass is real low in the mix though. I like how dry the mix is - sometimes too much reverb is just too much!
#3857 Posted Sun 09 Jun, 2019 5:42 pm
Reminds me a little of the Smithereens. Cool snare drum sound. Excellent performances. I agree that the bass is real low in the mix though. I like how dry the mix is - sometimes too much reverb is just too much!

Originally posted by CoreCreek on Sun 09 Jun, 2019

Thanks for the feedback. Always great to know how others perceive a project!

#3863 Posted Wed 12 Jun, 2019 9:55 am

Forums > Project Critique > Lies mix critiquePage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up