Music Forums

Forums > Legal > Post loops from Looperman as Derivative Work

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

I'm using some loops from looperman.com. Their terms https://www.looperman.com/help/terms are summarized as: "All samples and loops are free to use in commercial and non commercial projects. While you may use loops in your own productions / tracks / video soundtracks etc you can NOT claim copyright of those loops as is or as part of your orignal composition. You may claim copyright of your composition but NOT of any content that is downloaded from looperman.com. Should you use loops within media uploaded to sites such as youtube, soundcloud etc you must make it known in the description of your uploads that you used content from looperman.com. "

So if I use multiple loops from looperman.com, from what I'm reading above, it sounds like I need to only put 1 entry under my projects "Derivative Works" tab, and reference looperman.com. Or do I need to give credit to each loop contributor on the site with a separate derivative work reference for each loop? That seems to go beyond what looperman.com is asking.
#3130 Posted Mon 26 Feb, 2018 9:22 pm
I'm using some loops from looperman.com. Their terms https://www.looperman.com/help/terms are summarized as: "All samples and loops are free to use in commercial and non commercial projects. While you may use loops in your own productions / tracks / video soundtracks etc you can NOT claim copyright of those loops as is or as part of your orignal composition. You may claim copyright of your composition but NOT of any content that is downloaded from looperman.com. Should you use loops within media uploaded to sites such as youtube, soundcloud etc you must make it known in the description of your uploads that you used content from looperman.com. " So if I use multiple loops from looperman.com, from what I'm reading above, it sounds like I need to only put 1 entry under my projects "Derivative Works" tab, and reference looperman.com. Or do I need to give credit to each loop contributor on the site with a separate derivative work reference for each loop? That seems to go beyond what looperman.com is asking.

Originally posted by Neuromancer56 on Mon 26 Feb, 2018

Good question! Although I am not 100% sure (I'll have to ask Lee). Personally, I would just reference 'http://www.looperman.com ' in the derivative section.
#3131 Posted Mon 26 Feb, 2018 10:17 pm
I'm using some loops from looperman.com. Their terms https://www.looperman.com/help/terms are summarized as: "All samples and loops are free to use in commercial and non commercial projects. While you may use loops in your own productions / tracks / video soundtracks etc you can NOT claim copyright of those loops as is or as part of your orignal composition. You may claim copyright of your composition but NOT of any content that is downloaded from looperman.com. Should you use loops within media uploaded to sites such as youtube, soundcloud etc you must make it known in the description of your uploads that you used content from looperman.com. " So if I use multiple loops from looperman.com, from what I'm reading above, it sounds like I need to only put 1 entry under my projects "Derivative Works" tab, and reference looperman.com. Or do I need to give credit to each loop contributor on the site with a separate derivative work reference for each loop? That seems to go beyond what looperman.com is asking.

Originally posted by Neuromancer56 on Mon 26 Feb, 2018

Yeah. I would agree with Dani. From their text, it would seem like a single reference to their site would suffice. 100% certainty might only be gleened by contacting them and asking, but I would assume a single link should meet their criteria.
#3132 Posted Tue 27 Feb, 2018 5:09 am

Forums > Legal > Post loops from Looperman as Derivative WorkPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up