Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Led Zeppelin IV

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

It was 50 years ago, today, when Led Zeppelin released their fourth album. It is rather jarring to think it was that long ago!

Led Zeppelin IV Cover Art

#4644 Posted Mon 08 Nov, 2021 4:55 pm
"Jarring" describes the moment when I first dropped the needle on IV. I have a vivid memory of that moment. And the passing of fifty years is nothing... if you're a tree. :-)
#4645 Posted Tue 09 Nov, 2021 7:39 am
I feel so damn old now. Thanks Kev. I can honestly say that during that time, I was only 8 or 9 years old. This album and a few of their others became part of my soul in a way. I still love listening to this from time to time. Although I'm really tired of listening to 'Rock and Roll', which in my opinion is the worst song on the record, I still listen to Stairway to Heaven and enjoy it every time. It's a masterpiece. I was a KISS fan like most of the kids my age. But at that period in time, anything good I learned, I learned from Led Zeppelin first. I have a thing for 2nd albums though. In my opinion, Led Zeppelin II was a breakthrough album for all rock music. Same thing for Queen II. There are so many more. It seems to be when bands finally get their sound instead of being followers
#4646 Posted Tue 09 Nov, 2021 11:54 am

Forums > Hangout > Led Zeppelin IVPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up