Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > It all seems very quiet recently........

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2

Hey everyone,

Is it just my imagination only it seems really quiet on the collaboration front recently - which for a collaboration site is a bit disappointing to say the least.

i was looking at the recent activity thread and it seems that what's happening (with the exception of a  few isolated tracks) is we’ve all pretty much stopped joining in with projects or collaborating with each other in any way. There’s a lot of new members who join, load a new project but then nothing seems to happen and they pretty much disappear.

What’s going on?

Do we just want others to join our projects but not join in others?

Do we not really want to collaborate?

I’m really interested in what everyone is thinking about the site, and the way things are - even the conversation seems to have completely dried up..............

Come on everyone, we’re never going to get things really moving if it stays like this...............

Let’s at least get a conversation started about how we can start to get more activity going.........what do you all think we need to do, what’s your expectations and what are you looking for from ProCollabs?

I’ll get a new challenge up and running over the next week or so, maybe that will get some traction, but in  the meantime please give me your honest feedback.

Steve :-)

#3868 Posted Wed 19 Jun, 2019 5:27 pm

Hey everyone,

Is it just my imagination only it seems really quiet on the collaboration front recently - which for a collaboration site is a bit disappointing to say the least.

i was looking at the recent activity thread and it seems that what's happening (with the exception of a  few isolated tracks) is we’ve all pretty much stopped joining in with projects or collaborating with each other in any way. There’s a lot of new members who join, load a new project but then nothing seems to happen and they pretty much disappear.

What’s going on?

Do we just want others to join our projects but not join in others?

Do we not really want to collaborate?

I’m really interested in what everyone is thinking about the site, and the way things are - even the conversation seems to have completely dried up..............

Come on everyone, we’re never going to get things really moving if it stays like this...............

Let’s at least get a conversation started about how we can start to get more activity going.........what do you all think we need to do, what’s your expectations and what are you looking for from ProCollabs?

I’ll get a new challenge up and running over the next week or so, maybe that will get some traction, but in  the meantime please give me your honest feedback.

Steve :-)

Originally posted by Vuya on Wed 19 Jun, 2019

i find the communication interface not too user friendly. i imagine some folks are not getting alerted when one applies via audition so many of my procollab collaborations are happening outside of this site as links, emails etc are erased when using their inbox to communicate and some projects have been at a standstill within this site due to communications not being received. IMHO
#3869 Posted Thu 20 Jun, 2019 9:39 am
i find the communication interface not too user friendly. i imagine some folks are not getting alerted when one applies via audition so many of my procollab collaborations are happening outside of this site as links, emails etc are erased when using their inbox to communicate and some projects have been at a standstill within this site due to communications not being received. IMHO

Originally posted by rockopaolo on Thu 20 Jun, 2019

Thanks for that, it could certainly being having an impact - I'll have a look into how the notifications and communications are set up :-)

#3870 Posted Thu 20 Jun, 2019 10:54 am
Part of this problem is something that's called employment mismatch. If you look at the open projects, you'll notice that many need vocals, and at the same time there's very few active vocalists here. Also members that can provide acoustic drums are also very rare, which of course is not a surprise, because recording drums requires a lot of space, equipment and skill.
#3871 Posted Thu 20 Jun, 2019 12:01 pm
Part of this problem is something that's called employment mismatch. If you look at the open projects, you'll notice that many need vocals, and at the same time there's very few active vocalists here. Also members that can provide acoustic drums are also very rare, which of course is not a surprise, because recording drums requires a lot of space, equipment and skill.

Originally posted by aksu on Thu 20 Jun, 2019

Hey Aksu, that's a really good point and something I have also been thinking about.............almost every track has a need for a vocalist, and often lyrics as well and as you say, there are not many active vocalists - same with "real" drums :-)

#3872 Posted Thu 20 Jun, 2019 3:30 pm
I'm just ADD and I need projects to fill my computer screen, so I feel like I'm in a candy store. I lose attention when everything is listed horizontally. Also, I can't focus on just a few projects at a time. So only being able to start 2-4 projects at a time chases me back to Mama and Daddy, where I can start a project any time I want. ;)
#3873 Posted Thu 20 Jun, 2019 10:13 pm
I meant vertically.
#3874 Posted Thu 20 Jun, 2019 10:24 pm
Just a thought..........I'm not sure if everyone knows this but we have a Community Media section where there are a lot of lyrics posted by members that are available to use, check it out......

https://www.procollabs.com/media/1

It could help if you are looking for lyrics for your track - as we know lot of projects are looking for a Vocalist, but they also need Lyrics, why not check out if there are any already written that could possible fit what you are looking for.

Another approach might be to look for Lyrics first, before you look for Vocals and then you also have the option to write the melody if you want to.
#3875 Posted Fri 21 Jun, 2019 7:58 am
I'm just ADD and I need projects to fill my computer screen, so I feel like I'm in a candy store. I lose attention when everything is listed horizontally. Also, I can't focus on just a few projects at a time. So only being able to start 2-4 projects at a time chases me back to Mama and Daddy, where I can start a project any time I want. ;)

Originally posted by ShannonB on Thu 20 Jun, 2019

Thanks Shannon, it's all good feedback - so are you saying you'd like to be able to have more than 4 projects on the go at any one time?

#3876 Posted Fri 21 Jun, 2019 8:12 am
Heres Morgans two cents: Open up to everybody.Its great to have a place where its exclusively pros and collab together,but its also great to have a place for non-pros that just want to sing,be it backup music or what ever.You have two sections one for pros and one for fun.This way you have people for fun as your traffic.Believe me they will come
#3877 Posted Fri 21 Jun, 2019 5:19 pm
1 2

Forums > Hangout > It all seems very quiet recently........Page 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up