Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Newbie, but serious

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2

Hello all

I am new to this site but have been active in making music for the past 30 years and over that time I have gained experience working with many artists and I am looking to build relationships with other like minded musicians around the world.  I am looking for tips on how to get established on this site and to make the most of this comunity.

Me?

Am I a virtuoso guitarist?  No, I play for the song and like to think I can add to a project.

Am I an egomaniac?  No, but I may have a definite idea what I'm looking for on one of my projects and am willing to work with the right people to get the best result possible.

Is it OK to say No?  Yes, If I submit something to your projet and you dont like it, I will do my best to give you what you want. If I can't I will tell you and not waste your time.  Likewise If you sobmit something that isnt what I hear on my project I will try to communicate what I hear so we can finish a successful project together.

Am I in this for fame & money? No, I make music because I love creating something new, something that wasnt here yesteday but which could be around forever and provide enjoyment to people.

I look forward to hopefully working with many of you on lifes musical journey..

#3859 Posted Wed 12 Jun, 2019 9:05 am

Hello all

I am new to this site but have been active in making music for the past 30 years and over that time I have gained experience working with many artists and I am looking to build relationships with other like minded musicians around the world.  I am looking for tips on how to get established on this site and to make the most of this comunity.

Me?

Am I a virtuoso guitarist?  No, I play for the song and like to think I can add to a project.

Am I an egomaniac?  No, but I may have a definite idea what I'm looking for on one of my projects and am willing to work with the right people to get the best result possible.

Is it OK to say No?  Yes, If I submit something to your projet and you dont like it, I will do my best to give you what you want. If I can't I will tell you and not waste your time.  Likewise If you sobmit something that isnt what I hear on my project I will try to communicate what I hear so we can finish a successful project together.

Am I in this for fame & money? No, I make music because I love creating something new, something that wasnt here yesteday but which could be around forever and provide enjoyment to people.

Originally posted by BigMarky on Wed 12 Jun, 2019

Hey Mark - what a great introduction!  Welcome to the site.  I'm looking forward to hearing your music, and possibly working together sometime. 

#3860 Posted Wed 12 Jun, 2019 9:32 am

Hey Mark - what a great introduction!  Welcome to the site.  I'm looking forward to hearing your music, and possibly working together sometime. 

Originally posted by RAVEN on Wed 12 Jun, 2019

Thank Ypu Raven

I have uploaded my first project and quite excited about the possabilitiescool

#3861 Posted Wed 12 Jun, 2019 9:36 am

Thank Ypu Raven

I have uploaded my first project and quite excited about the possabilitiescool

Hey, Mark. Welcome. I look forward to hearing your music and collaborations.

#3862 Posted Wed 12 Jun, 2019 9:50 am

Hey, Mark. Welcome. I look forward to hearing your music and collaborations.

Originally posted by MonkeyC on Wed 12 Jun, 2019

Thank You MonkeyC

#3864 Posted Wed 12 Jun, 2019 10:30 am

Hello all

Me?

Hi Mark, welcome to the site - I like your approach, I think there’s a lot of musicians here with the same thinking :-)

Looking forward to hearing some of your music.

#3865 Posted Fri 14 Jun, 2019 3:30 am

Hi Mark, welcome to the site - I like your approach, I think there’s a lot of musicians here with the same thinking :-)

Looking forward to hearing some of your music.

Originally posted by Vuya on Fri 14 Jun, 2019

Thank You, looking forward to finding great artists to collaborate with.

#3883 Posted Fri 28 Jun, 2019 7:41 am

Hello all

Me?

I am always up for collaborating!
#4500 Posted Mon 21 Jun, 2021 2:29 pm
I am always up for collaborating!

Originally posted by Jewbacabarasdrums on Mon 21 Jun, 2021

Hi.

That's awesome. I have a lot of new material that I'm looking for talented folk to do their parts.
I am just about to upload a track called City Lights I hope it catches your ear. Also I am up for any guitar challenges that you may have.

Cheers
Mark
#4510 Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2021 4:48 am
Hi. That's awesome. I have a lot of new material that I'm looking for talented folk to do their parts. I am just about to upload a track called City Lights I hope it catches your ear. Also I am up for any guitar challenges that you may have. Cheers Mark

Originally posted by BigMarky on Tue 22 Jun, 2021

Hey I’m getting like a Maybe heavy 4/4 straight up rock song feel to it. Do you have any guitar tracks for it?
#4511 Posted Tue 22 Jun, 2021 9:29 am
1 2

Forums > Hangout > Newbie, but seriousPage 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up