Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Help me test Riff Recorder a song writing tool

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2

Riff Recorder is a mobile app that lets you quickly capture musical ideas and synchronize them to the cloud that you can easily access from your DAW.  While not it's primary use, I once used it to quickly record a vocal on top of a track for collaboration :)  It would be great to hear your feedback before I release, because song writers are my primary audience. Links to the beta app are here: https://riffrecorder.wordpress.com/

#3807 Posted Wed 20 Feb, 2019 5:18 pm

Riff Recorder is a mobile app that lets you quickly capture musical ideas and synchronize them to the cloud that you can easily access from your DAW.  While not it's primary use, I once used it to quickly record a vocal on top of a track for collaboration :)  It would be great to hear your feedback before I release, because song writers are my primary audience. Links to the beta app are here: https://riffrecorder.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by paulelong on Wed 20 Feb, 2019

Hi Paul, I'll have a look at it and let you know my thoughts :-)

Did you develop it?

#3809 Posted Tue 26 Feb, 2019 12:44 pm
Yes, I did. Would love to hear what you think. Thanks - Paul
#3816 Posted Fri 01 Mar, 2019 6:03 pm
Yes, I did. Would love to hear what you think. Thanks - Paul

Originally posted by paulelong on Fri 01 Mar, 2019

Hey Paul, nice one that's very impressive.

So, I went to download the app from your website via the Apple App Store but it directed me to a Beta Testing App called Test Flight which I downloaded and apparently you then need to invite me to Beta Test your App before I can download it.

Looking at the website, the App looks pretty extensive in terms of being able to grab ideas quickly, (although being totally honest I just use the voice recorder on the iPhone to grab my ideas on the go  so be good know how you are thinking of positining it vs that option). That said your App looks pretty cool.

If you send me a link I'll download the app and give it a go.

Hope this helps.

Steve

#3820 Posted Sun 03 Mar, 2019 9:38 am

Hey Paul, nice one that's very impressive.

So, I went to download the app from your website via the Apple App Store but it directed me to a Beta Testing App called Test Flight which I downloaded and apparently you then need to invite me to Beta Test your App before I can download it.

Looking at the website, the App looks pretty extensive in terms of being able to grab ideas quickly, (although being totally honest I just use the voice recorder on the iPhone to grab my ideas on the go  so be good know how you are thinking of positining it vs that option). That said your App looks pretty cool.

If you send me a link I'll download the app and give it a go.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Originally posted by Vuya on Sun 03 Mar, 2019

The link should open a screen with two steps.  First step is install Test Flight, and the second step is Join my beta.  Did you see two steps when you click the link on my website?

I feel voice recorder is the default way most people capture ideas.  But my theory was that it works, but the expereince coudl be improved.  I'd like to hear your oppinon abou that.   The website also has a blog I wrote to explain what I think are the advantages.

Appreciate your helping here.

Paul

#3821 Posted Sun 03 Mar, 2019 10:54 am

The link should open a screen with two steps.  First step is install Test Flight, and the second step is Join my beta.  Did you see two steps when you click the link on my website?

I feel voice recorder is the default way most people capture ideas.  But my theory was that it works, but the expereince coudl be improved.  I'd like to hear your oppinon abou that.   The website also has a blog I wrote to explain what I think are the advantages.

Appreciate your helping here.

Paul

Originally posted by paulelong on Sun 03 Mar, 2019

BTW, when I click the webpage link for Apple on my iPhone I get sent to the Test Flight app, I guess since I've already opted in.  When test flight opens in shows Riff Recorder as one of the apps.  I suppose you can let me know what you see.  

Paul

#3822 Posted Sun 03 Mar, 2019 12:03 pm

BTW, when I click the webpage link for Apple on my iPhone I get sent to the Test Flight app, I guess since I've already opted in.  When test flight opens in shows Riff Recorder as one of the apps.  I suppose you can let me know what you see.  

Paul

Originally posted by paulelong on Sun 03 Mar, 2019

Ok it’s now seeing the App and I’ve downloaded it. I’ll try it out this week and let you know how I get on :-)

#3823 Posted Mon 04 Mar, 2019 2:56 am

Ok it’s now seeing the App and I’ve downloaded it. I’ll try it out this week and let you know how I get on :-)

Originally posted by Vuya on Mon 04 Mar, 2019

Steve, did you get a chance to try out the app?  Any feedback for me?

Thanks - Paul

#3832 Posted Tue 12 Mar, 2019 12:05 pm

Steve, did you get a chance to try out the app?  Any feedback for me?

Thanks - Paul

Originally posted by paulelong on Tue 12 Mar, 2019

Hi Paul, yes I'm giving it a go this week - I'll give you some feedback at the weekend :-)

#3833 Posted Thu 14 Mar, 2019 11:40 am

Hi Paul, yes I'm giving it a go this week - I'll give you some feedback at the weekend :-)

Originally posted by Vuya on Thu 14 Mar, 2019

Cool, appreciate it.  Paul

#3834 Posted Fri 15 Mar, 2019 4:35 pm
1 2

Forums > Hangout > Help me test Riff Recorder a song writing toolPage 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up