Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Is this what I can expect from ProCollabs?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 
I know I do, Vic. First thing I do is listen intently to the chorus to get a rhythm for a good title, then a good line/hook and work my way backward. I honestly had to research the word "melody" when I read so many singers and lyricists mentioning it. It's all about rhythm for me.
#3724 Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2018 3:00 pm
It’s great that there is such diversity to the way we all approach making music........whatever gets you there is the right way to go :-)
#3725 Posted Wed 12 Dec, 2018 3:06 pm
Some of us are serious... it's about getting people with real jobs and responsibilities having enough time. Hard to get singers...promoting several with lyric/movie soundtracks on youtube and facecrook. Need vocals. As for writing lyrics without melody, I tend to follow separate rhythms to each part. I have a guitarist I work with who can layer 3 or 4 guitar tracks, bassline, some programmed drums, and start wailing. Also likes to play with structure. He sounds great, but hard to follow, so in the really dirty parts, I follow the bass or drums. Just have to train my ear to do it. We usually end up with something I wish I had been able to listen to before I wrote the damn thing! :). Hope this helps. If not, be sure of one thing: I AM SERIOUS about leaving my monkey job. It's a longshot, but I won't know if I don't give it every spare minute I have. Luckily, I have no life outside of work! :) Gotta start somewhere, my friend. John

Originally posted by Deeptrope on Tue 11 Dec, 2018

Deeptrope:

Well, I'm available for male vocals if you have something ready.  I also write lyrics, as mentioned.  You can hear what I sound like by checking out the Hitman Blues Band on YouTube (we have a channel).  I'm a bari-tenor.

#3726 Posted Thu 13 Dec, 2018 9:50 am
It’s great that there is such diversity to the way we all approach making music........whatever gets you there is the right way to go :-)

Originally posted by Vuya on Wed 12 Dec, 2018

+1
:)
Personally I have found that switching things up from time to time in terms of approach really helps get my creativity going. Sort of forces me to think outside of my usual "boxes"
#3727 Posted Thu 13 Dec, 2018 11:33 am
A message posted on Thu 13 Dec, 2018 11:49 am was deleted
oops! last post meant to go somewhere else. Sorry! John
#3729 Posted Thu 13 Dec, 2018 12:56 pm
oops! last post meant to go somewhere else. Sorry! John

Originally posted by Deeptrope on Thu 13 Dec, 2018

Not sure if you know,  but you can delete a post if you want to, you just hit the “bin” button - but you can only do this on a post you’ve made :-)

#3730 Posted Fri 14 Dec, 2018 1:04 pm
1 2 

Forums > Hangout > Is this what I can expect from ProCollabs?Page 2 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up