Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Hello Digital - ZeckZeck is N E W B I E

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Hi,Firstly i would like to say thanks to ProCollabs which i accidentally searched for "collaboration" for Rapper/Singer at Google. So i decided to sign up and take a look on the web page. It's good and after a day or two looked out on the web page i started to feel uncomfortable on certain area which is "Open Project". Wow! this is kinda put your song ideas for free to whoever seen you. Its like me at 2005 where eager to show off my song creation and end up nothing. I'm sure this is very subjective and agreed on each of your opinion. So, here i am where English is not my native. Can someone tell me what's the purpose of this ProCollabs mission/vision. Hit me! :)
#3486 Posted Thu 02 Aug, 2018 9:47 pm
Hi,Firstly i would like to say thanks to ProCollabs which i accidentally searched for "collaboration" for Rapper/Singer at Google. So i decided to sign up and take a look on the web page. It's good and after a day or two looked out on the web page i started to feel uncomfortable on certain area which is "Open Project". Wow! this is kinda put your song ideas for free to whoever seen you. Its like me at 2005 where eager to show off my song creation and end up nothing. I'm sure this is very subjective and agreed on each of your opinion. So, here i am where English is not my native. Can someone tell me what's the purpose of this ProCollabs mission/vision. Hit me! :)

Originally posted by ZeckZeck on Thu 02 Aug, 2018

Hi ZeckZeck. Glad you found us!

So, it's pretty simple. Writing great songs often involves more than one person. Producing and publishing great songs often involves more than one person. Where do you find this other person, or all these other talented people that you can write and record music with? Nashville? Yes, probably. But I for one am not in the vicinity of a big music hub and I also spend a lot of time either on the road or working a day job. So I look to this wonderful and talented community for what and who I need for my music, conveniently, online.

Some folk do music just for fun and you will see a lot of open and public projects with talents needed. Others are using the platform to collaborate and share in private, who's activities and projects you wont see.

As far as putting your ideas "out there" for free, you have to realize that, and this depends a bit on your country I suppose, anything original that you create and post is automatically protected by copyright laws. I.e. you are not giving anything away for "free".

Once you find and agree to collaborate with a co-writer, musician, producer, mixer, whoever, then you will need to either pay them hard cash (work for hire) or otherwise agree to share in the song's copyrights once the project is completed, which both you or they may then choose to exploit for hard cash of course.

Hope that helps get you started!

#3487 Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2018 3:45 am
Hey MonkeyC,

Thanks for the highlight. Looks genuine. Will try out later....

:)
#3489 Posted Fri 03 Aug, 2018 3:54 am

Forums > Hangout > Hello Digital - ZeckZeck is N E W B I EPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up