Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Need a Good Music Reviewer For a Twitch Streamer

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Believe it or not I am not asking the following for my own music. Nor do I stream on Twitch.

I am not going to say who the Twitch Streamer is. For both tactical and courtesy reasons. I will just say that his stream is unique; he plays totally improvised shows with full audience input into every aspect of every song. His stream is very expensive to run; he has reached a point of crisis and needs more viewers and subscriptions in a hurry. He admits that publicity is his weak point.

So one way of helping this would be a review of his music on Bandcamp and/or his stream. He has made a lot of music. Far more than any one person could review. A review with some critique is fine; but the danger of a selfish, narrow minded reviewer intent on destruction is not. So I immediately dismiss people like Anthony Fantano. You may be a fan of him. Fine. But I have seen enough egotistical laziness in his reviewing to find him unsuitable.

If anyone has any suggestions for a reputable music reviewer please let me know.
#3216 Posted Thu 19 Apr, 2018 7:45 am
Believe it or not I am not asking the following for my own music. Nor do I stream on Twitch. I am not going to say who the Twitch Streamer is. For both tactical and courtesy reasons. I will just say that his stream is unique; he plays totally improvised shows with full audience input into every aspect of every song. His stream is very expensive to run; he has reached a point of crisis and needs more viewers and subscriptions in a hurry. He admits that publicity is his weak point. So one way of helping this would be a review of his music on Bandcamp and/or his stream. He has made a lot of music. Far more than any one person could review. A review with some critique is fine; but the danger of a selfish, narrow minded reviewer intent on destruction is not. So I immediately dismiss people like Anthony Fantano. You may be a fan of him. Fine. But I have seen enough egotistical laziness in his reviewing to find him unsuitable. If anyone has any suggestions for a reputable music reviewer please let me know.

Originally posted by neptunedexperiment on Thu 19 Apr, 2018

I don't know any music reviewers personally, but I will keep my eyes open. :)
#3221 Posted Thu 19 Apr, 2018 3:01 pm

Forums > Hangout > Need a Good Music Reviewer For a Twitch StreamerPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up