Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > An experience here on Procollabs

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2
An experience here on Procollabs

For a while, I worked on a song here with someone. At first it went quite well. However, it developed into a bad experience. Unfortunately, the recording quality was not very good. Actually no problem, many do not work with the right equipment or do not have the money for it. Despite everything, I tried to help. I informed the person that the wrong microphone is being used and that the room is not optimal. On the recording, a lot of room was heard and the mids were overemphasized.
You can filter some things with Eq, but you can not raise frequencies where none are available. It gets even worse when audio material is overdriven. If preamps are used and set incorrectly or plugins used, it is hopeless to work with it.

Not really that bad. I do not expect any pro recordings here. But it is a pity if the other does not want to understand that you can not work with the material. Nevertheless, I tried to get a cooperation together.
The person has tried hard to deliver good audiomaterial, but there were also problems with timing and pitches. It took me many hours to correct these mistakes. In the end, I got a reasonably acceptable mix. I uploaded it and wanted to close the project.

However, the person sent new takes. Recorded this time in another room and with a different microphone. I now had audio material that was completely different and therefore had to start over. The quality was not better. It's like picking up a snare drum with a bass drum microphone, but expect the typical snare sound. Very frustrating.

Meanwhile, I had spent many hours on the recordings and wanted to come to an end. I had about 20 takes now.
I closed the project, set all copyrights and waited more than a month for an answer. I did not get an answer. I could not close the project.

Well it seems the person does not know about Procollabs and does not seem to have a Premium Membership. Since I did not hear anything from the person, I deleted the project. The person got a copy of the mix.
I do not want to make money with the song or anything like that. I make music for fun.
But it is very annoying when this person complains publicly about me here. Although my name was not mentioned, but I do not take it that way.
I've been doing collaborations for a long time, but I have not experienced anything like that. Especially if this person claims to be a pro and has many top 10 hits. Then she should know how it works in the studio. I tried to get the best out of it. To insult me ??as being unprofessional is not fair!

Sorry for the bad english
#3151 Posted Mon 05 Mar, 2018 5:30 pm
If this is the first time you've run into a problem like that, then you are fortunate. :) We all have our baggage, idiosyncrasies, preferences, and pet peeves, so it comes as no surprise when things don't work out. Hell, I'm amazed that humans get anything accomplished most of the time. :D
#3152 Posted Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:30 pm
And your English is perfect :)
#3153 Posted Tue 06 Mar, 2018 12:20 pm
Being called unprofessional after giving your all to produce as best a result as possible and with no financial reward from that endeavour is really an insult to themselves if you thinkabout it. After all, who calls someone unprofessional after not paying someone for all the work done on their behalf. That to me would be unprofessional. Besides professional just means getting paid it shouldn't imply quality.
#3157 Posted Thu 08 Mar, 2018 5:13 pm
The thing about Procollabs, or any collaboration site, is that you are not in the same room with them. Back in the day when you were part of a band you can just grab another mic and get the sound you all agreed on
#3163 Posted Wed 14 Mar, 2018 5:27 pm
Listen im gonna be brief.I have a problem here and its there is no diversity in the music.Thats because there is no traffic.There are a lot of sites that the traffic is slowing down,all you have to do is post a song come back in about 5 minutes and if its good theres about three or four members that commented or like your work.These are good musicians,so you respect what they say.They actually invite you to contribute to a song or use one of your songs on an album.There two places thriving and two others very little response.I like this place,because I started with this site when it first opened and would just love to see more diversity in the music.You have members that play all kind of music,because i played with a lot of them,but they don't never play here.I like to see this site become strong being one of the first here.Another thing,I don't need anybody to validate my reason for singing. or to pat me on the back.I think its great to find a library with tracks that feature all kind of music that you can jam with. .You have an iconic female vocalist here,that if you send her vocals in emails to members that are not active some of them would start putting down tracks,im serious.I know that I will not get a reply and it don't matter.
#3184 Posted Fri 06 Apr, 2018 12:00 pm
Listen im gonna be brief.I have a problem here and its there is no diversity in the music.Thats because there is no traffic.There are a lot of sites that the traffic is slowing down,all you have to do is post a song come back in about 5 minutes and if its good theres about three or four members that commented or like your work.These are good musicians,so you respect what they say.They actually invite you to contribute to a song or use one of your songs on an album.There two places thriving and two others very little response.I like this place,because I started with this site when it first opened and would just love to see more diversity in the music.You have members that play all kind of music,because i played with a lot of them,but they don't never play here.I like to see this site become strong being one of the first here.Another thing,I don't need anybody to validate my reason for singing. or to pat me on the back.I think its great to find a library with tracks that feature all kind of music that you can jam with. .You have an iconic female vocalist here,that if you send her vocals in emails to members that are not active some of them would start putting down tracks,im serious.I know that I will not get a reply and it don't matter.

Originally posted by morgan102 on Fri 06 Apr, 2018

You raise some really good points Morgan, and I imagine getting more people to collaborate would bring more diversity, it’s a bit of a Catch 22. The problem is getting more people to collaborate and start the ball rolling, the “Challenges” get some traction but then it goes quite again when they’ve finished.

It would be great to get a members’ conversation going around this and get some insight on what would inspire everyone, it’s been tried before, although it’s usually the same group of members who respond, but if we can get a wider perspective that may help........

That said, there’s an awful lot of projects that never get finished as well...............maybe it’s just how it goes with digital collaborations, as Vic said if you were in a room you’d jam it out :)
#3187 Posted Sun 08 Apr, 2018 10:51 am
A message posted on Sun 08 Apr, 2018 12:24 pm was deleted by morgan102
I can't pimp my songs,why is that???
#3191 Posted Wed 11 Apr, 2018 7:13 am
Never mind it don't matter,its cool.
#3192 Posted Wed 11 Apr, 2018 7:26 am
1 2

Forums > Hangout > An experience here on ProcollabsPage 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up