Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Music in Gaming

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Hi! I wonder if any of you have been influenced as I have by game soundtracks, or have any experiences you could share.

My influences start back in the glorious 8 and 16 bit chiptune era, games like Mega Man and Sub Terrania have amazing melodies, grooves, and progressions in the loopable chiptune format. Akira Yamaoka is another huge staple of my music consumption, he wrote the Silent Hill sound tracks and worked with great musicians like Mary Elizabeth McGlynn to add a cool spin on what could be done with music inside of a game. I also really enjoy listening to the modern indie composers that have emerged like Darren Korb who did the soundtracks for Bastion and Transistor with the game devs Supergiant.

I think the direction I'm currently headed is taking me down the path of making music for games, as well as training to be the best session drummer I can be for the traditional song/album style.
#2964 Posted Thu 02 Nov, 2017 3:59 pm
I am the polar opposite; I find it difficult to make derivative music.
#3022 Posted Wed 13 Dec, 2017 5:49 am

Forums > Hangout > Music in GamingPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up