Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Video Chat (Beta)

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 
Just curious. Anyone tried and tested the video chat so far? Does it work? Looking for feedback if anyone has or does decide to meetup for real-time collab chat with the new video conference feature we added recently.
#2664 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 2:37 pm
I was going to try it. It seemed to work great and fast on my end but the other party got an error message.
#2678 Posted Wed 09 Aug, 2017 12:36 pm
I was going to try it. It seemed to work great and fast on my end but the other party got an error message.

Originally posted by tpistilli on Wed 09 Aug, 2017

That's a shame. Think some browsers need a plugin. Be good to hear if anyone is having any success with it :)
#2679 Posted Wed 09 Aug, 2017 12:48 pm
I'm more than willing to do a test with you if you want. It would have to be when I'm at home though.
#2680 Posted Wed 09 Aug, 2017 12:58 pm
Sure, Tony. Maybe we should setup a community half hour in the main chat room/lounge and see how many we can get. That would be the real test!
#2681 Posted Thu 10 Aug, 2017 2:51 am
Great idea. I can do it Saturday sometime.
#2688 Posted Thu 10 Aug, 2017 5:53 pm
Lol, that's all I've got on my computer...... error messages! :)
#2691 Posted Thu 10 Aug, 2017 8:47 pm
Error messages? Curious. I just fired up Edge on my workstation and got errors that related to using my microphone and camera.

Well, I don't have a camera on this machine so that's fine, but it should be able use my USB audio interface.

On the other hand, I just loaded it up on my laptop and got both video and audio without an issue. Both are on Windows 10 + Edge.

The only difference that I could see was the version of Edge. And my laptop had the later version, which was 40.15063.0.0. So, I figured I'd try and update Edge on my workstation... no such luck. Apparently, it is updated with Windows Update feature and for whatever reason, its not updating. The older version on my workstation appears to be a 2016 update, version is 38.14393.1066.0.

So don't know if that would have any effect on getting my USB audio device recognized or not, but don't seem to be able to update for now.

Btw. We also tried Firefox which seems to work with some jiggery pokery. I believe you have to go out of your way to give the browser the right permissions, but should work.

Chrome, as usual.. seems to just work. Pretty straight forward.

This video chat feature depends on browser permissions directly, i.e. its not an external downloaded software, so there are bound to be challenges with different browsers. Would be great if everyone could post what problems they have and how they [hopefully] conquered them here.

Of course, the big question will be.. once people are connected.. does it actually work?!
#2701 Posted Fri 11 Aug, 2017 5:09 am
It also could be a java update issue if it's a java application. A lot of people don't automatically update java because it's a pain in the rear.
#2702 Posted Fri 11 Aug, 2017 9:39 am
1 2 

Forums > Hangout > Video Chat (Beta)Page 2 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up