Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > R.I.P. Chris Cornell

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Chris Cornell's final performance with Sound Garden 4
#2366 Posted Thu 18 May, 2017 11:43 am
Chris Cornell's final performance with Sound Garden 4

Originally posted by Roo on Thu 18 May, 2017

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
#2367 Posted Thu 18 May, 2017 11:44 am
Lee and I were just talking about it. Oh man, it's crazy to feel so sad over someone we never met, but damn this SUCKS! :(
#2368 Posted Thu 18 May, 2017 11:51 am
I just don't get it. I know people hide their feelings but this does not appear to be a man who will kill himself a few hours later. I know he's had bouts of depression but he loved his children and I just can't see him doing this to them. Anyway, when I was younger I was a product of the 80's. I graduated high school in 1980. When the Seattle scene took over and all the spandex, leather pants, teased hair and makeup disappeared it sort of put an end to a lot of what my bands were doing. In a sense I thought it was the end but in retrospect it was for the best. I was never a huge Nirvana fan and never really respected the title of 'grunge'. Music should never have been defined by what sort of clothes the artists wear. But Soundgarden blew me away and gave me hope that there still was such a thing as great hard rock. There was passion in that music. Even through the solo years Chris continued to create unique music. It does suck totally that this happened
#2369 Posted Fri 19 May, 2017 12:20 pm
I just don't get it. I know people hide their feelings but this does not appear to be a man who will kill himself a few hours later. I know he's had bouts of depression but he loved his children and I just can't see him doing this to them. Anyway, when I was younger I was a product of the 80's. I graduated high school in 1980. When the Seattle scene took over and all the spandex, leather pants, teased hair and makeup disappeared it sort of put an end to a lot of what my bands were doing. In a sense I thought it was the end but in retrospect it was for the best. I was never a huge Nirvana fan and never really respected the title of 'grunge'. Music should never have been defined by what sort of clothes the artists wear. But Soundgarden blew me away and gave me hope that there still was such a thing as great hard rock. There was passion in that music. Even through the solo years Chris continued to create unique music. It does suck totally that this happened

Originally posted by V1CTOR on Fri 19 May, 2017

Totally agree, it's pretty hard to believe he'd kill himself. Kind of like when Robin Williams took his own life, it just seemed so unbelievable. I loved Soundgarden, mostly because of Chris Cornell's amazing voice.
#2370 Posted Fri 19 May, 2017 2:09 pm
Steel Rain is my warm up song. I of course don't sound like Chris. But I try to nail those notes. If it sounded better I'd post it
What the heck. Here it is. Just know that I was trying to figure out why it sounds like it's in a jar. Some sort of phasing issue in my room
https://www.procollabs.com/project/833/track/5227
#2373 Posted Fri 19 May, 2017 5:09 pm
Steel Rain is my warm up song. I of course don't sound like Chris. But I try to nail those notes. If it sounded better I'd post it What the heck. Here it is. Just know that I was trying to figure out why it sounds like it's in a jar. Some sort of phasing issue in my room https://www.procollabs.com/project/833/track/5227

Steel Rain is my favorite song of his. You did a stellar rendition & you did hit the notes.
#2375 Posted Fri 19 May, 2017 5:46 pm

Much to young to go! :-( Anxiety and Depression are silent diseases that are often difficult to fully understand. Rest in Peace...
#2376 Posted Fri 19 May, 2017 5:51 pm

Forums > Hangout > R.I.P. Chris CornellPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up