Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > The deal that almost was...

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Heartbreaker this morning. Last night on a local craigslist type site there was an ad for a Fender Deluxe Reverb amp. It looked old. It was going for $40! I thought, ok, it's gutted out or something....anyway, I emailed them and told them I would buy it immediately. They just stated it would be available at a certain location at 8am. So I got there 15 mins early and another truck was pulling away - with MY amp! Come to find out it was an original 1965 amp and in perfect working condition. It was her dad's that had been sitting in storage....That amp goes for between $2000-$3500 nowadays.....Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.
Tony
#1816 Posted Fri 19 Aug, 2016 10:42 am
Heartbreaker this morning. Last night on a local craigslist type site there was an ad for a Fender Deluxe Reverb amp. It looked old. It was going for $40! I thought, ok, it's gutted out or something....anyway, I emailed them and told them I would buy it immediately. They just stated it would be available at a certain location at 8am. So I got there 15 mins early and another truck was pulling away - with MY amp! Come to find out it was an original 1965 amp and in perfect working condition. It was her dad's that had been sitting in storage....That amp goes for between $2000-$3500 nowadays.....Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. Tony

Originally posted by tpistilli on Fri 19 Aug, 2016

Oh man, that's a bummer, sorry. :/
#1817 Posted Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:11 am
Oh man, that's a bummer, sorry. :/

Originally posted by RAVEN on Fri 19 Aug, 2016

I felt better after venting....ha ha....btw, love the new avatar!
#1818 Posted Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:13 am
I felt better after venting....ha ha....btw, love the new avatar!

Originally posted by tpistilli on Fri 19 Aug, 2016

Haha, thanks! ;)
#1819 Posted Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:14 am
You know what is worse? Being old enough to have one that you got when they were $150.
#1824 Posted Sun 21 Aug, 2016 12:24 am
You know what is worse? Being old enough to have one that you got when they were $150.

Originally posted by LSSongs on Sun 21 Aug, 2016

Hahaha,...good point!
#1825 Posted Sun 21 Aug, 2016 12:25 am

Forums > Hangout > The deal that almost was...Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up