Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Any Brooklynites here remember this?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2
This was the place to be back in the day! ;-)
#1813 Posted Thu 18 Aug, 2016 3:48 pm

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Thu 18 Aug, 2016

Oh my goodness, are you kidding me? Hec yeah I remember L'Amour! I saw Exodus there, must have been like '88 or '89. Then I saw Biohazard in like 1990 thereabouts. I remember I got caught up in a mosh pit, it was terrifying!

I was a teenager then, ahhh great memories. :)
#1814 Posted Thu 18 Aug, 2016 3:57 pm
Oh my goodness, are you kidding me? Hec yeah I remember L'Amour! I saw Exodus there, must have been like '88 or '89. Then I saw Biohazard in like 1990 thereabouts. I remember I got caught up in a mosh pit, it was terrifying! I was a teenager then, ahhh great memories. :)

Originally posted by RAVEN on Thu 18 Aug, 2016

Ha! I thought you would get a kick out of this. ;-)

I love the little blip at the end showing Stryper's Yellow & Black Attack! lol

Played there a few times and also at L'amour East in Queens. Good times...
#1815 Posted Thu 18 Aug, 2016 4:27 pm

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Thu 18 Aug, 2016

I remember Lamour. I played there quite a few times and frequented the club otherwise. The last time I played there was in support of TT Quick.
I lost my car keys that night. I was stuck out there by myself hot wiring my own car. I got stopped by several police who surrounded me. When I told them what was going on they just let me be. What a night :(
#1990 Posted Tue 29 Nov, 2016 8:32 pm
I remember Lamour. I played there quite a few times and frequented the club otherwise. The last time I played there was in support of TT Quick. I lost my car keys that night. I was stuck out there by myself hot wiring my own car. I got stopped by several police who surrounded me. When I told them what was going on they just let me be. What a night :(

Originally posted by V1CTOR on Tue 29 Nov, 2016

Ha! I remember them. TT Quick was legendary back in those days. They always seemed be playing somewhere. I wonder what is in that building now? Or if it even still stands? lol
#1991 Posted Fri 02 Dec, 2016 1:45 pm
Ha! I remember them. TT Quick was legendary back in those days. They always seemed be playing somewhere. I wonder what is in that building now? Or if it even still stands? lol

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Fri 02 Dec, 2016

Not sure if it's still there. There was also Lamour east which was in Queens I think. Mark Tornillo (vocalist for TT Quick) sings for the German metal band Accept now. Zebra was basically the house band at Lamour. But I can name most of the bands that played there.
#1992 Posted Fri 02 Dec, 2016 1:53 pm
I just actually noticed the video. My band played with Overkill a few times. They actually opened for us once back in NJ. The Showplace in Dover. Half Go Go / Half Rock club.
#1993 Posted Fri 02 Dec, 2016 1:59 pm
I just actually noticed the video. My band played with Overkill a few times. They actually opened for us once back in NJ. The Showplace in Dover. Half Go Go / Half Rock club.

Originally posted by V1CTOR on Fri 02 Dec, 2016

That's awesome!

I remember opening for Victory from Germany there. We only headlined there once. It was the same night the clocks changed. It was so late by the time we went on, that the place was mostly empty. lol We played fairly often at L'amour East in Queens too. ;-)
#1994 Posted Fri 02 Dec, 2016 2:25 pm
Not sure if it's still there. There was also Lamour east which was in Queens I think. Mark Tornillo (vocalist for TT Quick) sings for the German metal band Accept now. Zebra was basically the house band at Lamour. But I can name most of the bands that played there.

Originally posted by V1CTOR on Fri 02 Dec, 2016

Just saw this second post...

L'amour East was my favorite of the two clubs. I loved the layout with the two cat walks down the sides. ;-) Played many shows there. Most memorable was with Lillian Axe. Good times!
#1995 Posted Fri 02 Dec, 2016 2:28 pm
Just saw this second post... L'amour East was my favorite of the two clubs. I loved the layout with the two cat walks down the sides. ;-) Played many shows there. Most memorable was with Lillian Axe. Good times!

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Fri 02 Dec, 2016

They were a great band. Too bad the market was flooded by then. I still listen to them once in a while. They come on Hair Nation radio a lot or is it Ozzy's bone Yard maybe
#1996 Posted Fri 02 Dec, 2016 5:59 pm
1 2

Forums > Hangout > Any Brooklynites here remember this?Page 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up