Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Icarus Machine, the band I'm in...

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2
Hopefully this is appropriate - I'm sure someone will mention if not. :)

The band I'm in, Icarus Machine, has released our first album today: "This Sundered World".

You can check out our website: http://www.icarusmachine.com for info on us and links to stuff on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon (more places will be online soon).

While we didn't produce this album here, we did using another older online platform and the point of noting that is to show that without sites like this, we would never as a group have found each other nor had a useful platform to produce the music on.

Now that this is done, I'm looking forward to having more time to jump in on stuff here.

:D

- bill
#1793 Posted Fri 12 Aug, 2016 2:08 pm
Hopefully this is appropriate - I'm sure someone will mention if not. :) The band I'm in, Icarus Machine, has released our first album today: "This Sundered World". You can check out our website: www.icarusmachine.com for info on us and links to stuff on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon (more places will be online soon). While we didn't produce this album here, we did using another older online platform and the point of noting that is to show that without sites like this, we would never as a group have found each other nor had a useful platform to produce the music on. Now that this is done, I'm looking forward to having more time to jump in on stuff here. :D - bill

Originally posted by sriracha on Fri 12 Aug, 2016

Wow, Billy, this is awesome!! Hec, it doesn't matter where you created the songs, you're a member here & we're super proud of your musical accomplishments. :)

Just listening to some of the song snippets. Sounds freakin' amazing, very noir which I like! I never had the chance to work with Jenny, she is really awesome. All of the songs sound fabbo - I wish your band much success! :)
#1794 Posted Fri 12 Aug, 2016 2:29 pm
Hopefully this is appropriate - I'm sure someone will mention if not. :) The band I'm in, Icarus Machine, has released our first album today: "This Sundered World". You can check out our website: www.icarusmachine.com for info on us and links to stuff on iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon (more places will be online soon). While we didn't produce this album here, we did using another older online platform and the point of noting that is to show that without sites like this, we would never as a group have found each other nor had a useful platform to produce the music on. Now that this is done, I'm looking forward to having more time to jump in on stuff here. :D - bill

Congrats Billy! That is a great accomplishment and certainly worthy of mentioning here. Great to see you here too. Rock on! :-)
#1795 Posted Fri 12 Aug, 2016 3:22 pm
Thanks Dani and Drew - I appreciate it. This has been a crazy learning experience in terms of driving something out the door with aggregators and various promo type stuff. Not that there's an expectation of making money off it, but more that we wanted it to be a complete package so you know - you do it up right. :D
#1796 Posted Fri 12 Aug, 2016 4:24 pm
Whoa! A website, an entire album and a novel too? I can tell you guys put a lot of thought into this. It's inspiring to see fellow collaborators accomplish these types of results. Congrats!
#1797 Posted Fri 12 Aug, 2016 4:41 pm
lol...thanks, Ryan - it gets worse: there's facebook, reverbnation, merch. You'd think we were touring. :D
But it was fun doing all the various "big band" things - and figuring out how to do the entire shebang for under $100 including copyrights, etc. was the tricky part. I guess ideally it would be nice to make that back but I'm not holding my breath for it.

The only annoyances along the way have been Chrome developed a bug where it no longer honors css styles applied to the audio object, and Spotify lumped us in under a band that had a similar name but hasn't done anything since 2008 and as far as I could tell isn't around based on googling for them and finding our band only...ah well.
#1798 Posted Fri 12 Aug, 2016 5:30 pm
VERY awesome tracks! You guys really pulled it off. Congrats, and I hope you cover that hundred bucks, and then some. It's well deserved!
#1801 Posted Sat 13 Aug, 2016 5:45 am
lol...thanks, Ryan - it gets worse: there's facebook, reverbnation, merch. You'd think we were touring. :D But it was fun doing all the various "big band" things - and figuring out how to do the entire shebang for under $100 including copyrights, etc. was the tricky part. I guess ideally it would be nice to make that back but I'm not holding my breath for it. The only annoyances along the way have been Chrome developed a bug where it no longer honors css styles applied to the audio object, and Spotify lumped us in under a band that had a similar name but hasn't done anything since 2008 and as far as I could tell isn't around based on googling for them and finding our band only...ah well.

The "name thing" is a tough call, Billy. Our side project was originally called "Cheeky Monkey" but we changed it to "Nuthin' Muffin" when we found out the name had already been used. We liked "Ugly in Pink" too, but that artist name had been used as well, so it ended up as our album name. ;-) Not to scare... but do be careful. A seemingly inactive artist could always decide to become active again.
#1802 Posted Sat 13 Aug, 2016 2:56 pm
Yep - I hear you on the name. Annoying thing is I searched quite a bit for "Icarus Machine" and didn't find "The Icarus Machine" for some reason. Ah well - it'll play itself out.
#1808 Posted Wed 17 Aug, 2016 10:50 am
Yep - I hear you on the name. Annoying thing is I searched quite a bit for "Icarus Machine" and didn't find "The Icarus Machine" for some reason. Ah well - it'll play itself out.

Originally posted by sriracha on Wed 17 Aug, 2016

Isn't choosing a name for a band the pits? I remember when we chose the name Spicy Folk, it took us forever! I mean, we thought the hardest part was going to be figuring out a suitable name for us - but once we did, doing the research to see if anyone else chose it first was the real mission!
#1810 Posted Wed 17 Aug, 2016 3:57 pm
1 2

Forums > Hangout > Icarus Machine, the band I'm in...Page 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up