Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > An experiment

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2
Hello everyone, I have started a new project and called it: A minor experiment.

I have this notion of producing some musical art, which I am looking to achieve through getting as many people to do a 28 second piece of music as possible (this is 12 bars at 100 bpm) - either an instrument, vocals, in fact anything at all, as long as it is something you do. But you have to do it without any influence from anyone else, so there is no brief, no style, no format - it is just you and what you like. But to put some parameters on it in order to hopefully get something that works, I am going to use one key: A minor, and one tempo: 100bpm. There is a sync/click track on the project page for guidance.

I'll leave it open for a few weeks and then piece it all together into one single piece and get it mixed.

Please get involved, it could help to get more of us working together, have a bit of fun and hopefully create something really different :)

Here is a link to the project:

https://www.procollabs.com/project/567
#1743 Posted Fri 22 Jul, 2016 10:17 am
Hello everyone, I have started a new project and called it: A minor experiment. I have this notion of producing some musical art, which I am looking to achieve through getting as many people to do a 28 second piece of music as possible (this is 12 bars at 100 bpm) - either an instrument, vocals, in fact anything at all, as long as it is something you do. But you have to do it without any influence from anyone else, so there is no brief, no style, no format - it is just you and what you like. But to put some parameters on it in order to hopefully get something that works, I am going to use one key: A minor, and one tempo: 100bpm. There is a sync/click track on the project page for guidance. I'll leave it open for a few weeks and then piece it all together into one single piece and get it mixed. Please get involved, it could help to get more of us working together, have a bit of fun and hopefully create something really different :) Here is a link to the project: https://www.procollabs.com/project/567

Originally posted by Vuya on Fri 22 Jul, 2016

This sounds really cool, I'll give it a shot. I can't play an instrument, but I can sing something for 30 seconds. :)

Do you want a solid vocal, or something with harmonies?
#1747 Posted Fri 22 Jul, 2016 11:26 am
2 things - add a link to this forum post to your project so people can get to it easily. And maybe you could add a sync track or something small to the actual project so it shows on the 'talent needed' list. :)
#1748 Posted Fri 22 Jul, 2016 11:31 am
This sounds really cool, I'll give it a shot. I can't play an instrument, but I can sing something for 30 seconds. :) Do you want a solid vocal, or something with harmonies?

Originally posted by RAVEN on Fri 22 Jul, 2016

Brilliant and thanks :)

On the vocals the choice is completely yours. I really want each 28 seconds to be individual, to be about what each collaborator thinks without it being shaped by anyone else - then (hopefully) we get a piece that is a piece of art because it is about us all and what we think rather than just a song/track. Well that's the notion :))
#1749 Posted Fri 22 Jul, 2016 11:40 am
2 things - add a link to this forum post to your project so people can get to it easily. And maybe you could add a sync track or something small to the actual project so it shows on the 'talent needed' list. :)

Originally posted by RAVEN on Fri 22 Jul, 2016

Yep, good idea. I'll get a sync track loaded up - I was wondering why it wasn't showing under talent wanted (!)

Anyone would think I know what I was doing by now :)
#1750 Posted Fri 22 Jul, 2016 11:42 am
Brilliant and thanks :) On the vocals the choice is completely yours. I really want each 28 seconds to be individual, to be about what each collaborator thinks without it being shaped by anyone else - then (hopefully) we get a piece that is a piece of art because it is about us all and what we think rather than just a song/track. Well that's the notion :))

Originally posted by Vuya on Fri 22 Jul, 2016

Sounds like a plan, I'll have something for you on Monday. Let's hope a lot of folk jump in too! :)
#1751 Posted Fri 22 Jul, 2016 11:42 am
Many thanks, I've just loaded a click/sync track - it is 12 bars and actually ends up at a little over 28 seconds - lucky you suggested it or I could have ended up with a bit of a mess :(

I've also put a link to the track in the original post
#1752 Posted Fri 22 Jul, 2016 12:15 pm
Yay. A 28 second solo. I'm in!
#1754 Posted Sat 23 Jul, 2016 1:32 am
Haha.....wish I'd thought of that :)

Thanks for much for your 28 sec piece - let's hope it starts the ball rolling !

Come on everyone, please get involved - it's going to be really interesting to see what we produce - here's the link to the project again:

#1755 Posted Sat 23 Jul, 2016 4:34 am
Roll up, Roll up.......... come on everyone, join in - we now have 4 great 28 second pieces of music (well ok then, 3 and mine!) - why not record your own and you can listen to them and be part of the experiment - remember all auditions will be accepted :)

It's going to be slightly crazy but really diverse and interesting.

#1758 Posted Mon 25 Jul, 2016 2:31 pm
1 2

Forums > Hangout > An experimentPage 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up