Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > Sharing Sep tracks

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2
I was wondering if it's ok if I start a project and let people know that whomever is interested in collabing that they can PM me so I can send them the Sep tracks via Wetransfer? It's easier working that way cause I have a lot of projects open & don't want to close to many of them. Is this ok? It will safe me a lot of cap room since a lot of my songs have at least 5 tracks on it.
#1274 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 8:07 am
I was wondering if it's ok if I start a project and let people know that whomever is interested in collabing that they can PM me so I can send them the Sep tracks via Wetransfer? It's easier working that way cause I have a lot of projects open & don't want to close to many of them. Is this ok? It will safe me a lot of cap room since a lot of my songs have at least 5 tracks on it.

Originally posted by Jasmin92 on Thu 25 Feb, 2016

Hi, Jasmin. It's certainly ok to do that of course; though you might find that people are less inspired to throw out ideas and audition with the extra steps involved - though maybe not - who knows!

It also might make the project more difficult and messy to manage as you won't have track comments or versioning, for example.

You might want to consider the alternative of uploading your tracks as mp3s initially. You can always upload a new version of each as wavs if the project takes off and you need the high quality files.

Also, if you are only putting up lots of ideas but are not going to be actively working on them until someone shows interest, you could always consider uploading your current mixes as mp3s in to your music library. Then others can just contact you if they are intersted and then you can go ahead and start a collaboration project.

Alternatively, might be worth focusing more on putting a few of your best songs up, and inviting members that you want to work with to the project. Plenty of people around here with invite buttons on their profiles just waiting for that invite! Getting projects completed is the way to go, and then you not only have a cool, finished song that you can 'put out there', but you also get all that used space back for your next awesome project :)

Btw. With 5 high def tracks per project, you are still talking about having up to approximately 4, 5, or 6 live/active projects running simultaneously per 1 GB of space. On that note, remember that a mono file (e.g. a vocal or guitar track) is half the size of a stereo track (like keyboards).

And remember to delete projects after completing them! Completed projects (where the song was published into the Music Library) can safely be deleted to recover space.

Hope that helps.
#1275 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 9:04 am
Thanks, I will defenitely clean up some projects and also put Mp3 instead of wave in the beginning
#1276 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 9:22 am
How do I delete my seps (aka : kibbles) from somebody else's finished project?
#1277 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 1:20 pm
How do I delete my seps (aka : kibbles) from somebody else's finished project?

Originally posted by Phoephus on Thu 25 Feb, 2016

You don't delete your kibbles from completed projects, they don't come out of your space - they become the project manager's responsibility.
#1278 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 1:36 pm
How do I delete a track in my own project? I'm not seeing that as an option in the action tab.
#1279 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 1:56 pm
First you have to 'archive' the track, then go to 'file management' and delete it.
#1280 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 2:00 pm
ok thanks!
#1281 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 2:06 pm
Doesn't seem I can archive/delete files in band projects.
#1282 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 2:15 pm
I just tested my Spicy Folk account, should be working fine. Try doing a hard refresh, and try again. Let me know if it doesn't work.
#1283 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 2:34 pm
1 2

Forums > Hangout > Sharing Sep tracksPage 1 of 2

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up