Music Forums

Forums > Production, Sound and Audio > Mastering for iTunes

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Are you submitting your music to iTunes? To take advantage of the improved sound quality of MFiT (Mastered for iTunes) there are some things you should know before even starting a project. Below is a link to an introduction of MFiT.

http://www.apple.com/itunes/mastered-for-itunes/

I welcome any discussion!
#1159 Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2016 10:43 pm
Thanks for posting this Jim. Interestingly, my iMac didn't want to install the Apple Audio Mastering Tools because it was from an unknown developer (????)
#1160 Posted Thu 28 Jan, 2016 6:31 am
Well, that's interesting Wayne! I haven't had any problems but I work in the Windows environment. It's pretty ironic that the Apple tools are recognized by a PC but not Mac. Go figure!
#1161 Posted Fri 29 Jan, 2016 8:34 pm
Yep. Made me laugh.

Now that I've uploaded it. I just need to work out what to do with it.
#1162 Posted Sat 30 Jan, 2016 8:06 am
Thanks for posting this Jim. Interestingly, my iMac didn't want to install the Apple Audio Mastering Tools because it was from an unknown developer (????)

Originally posted by Embers on Thu 28 Jan, 2016

Hi Embers,
You can change that in System Preferences.
Go to the apple icon, upper left corner open system preferences, click on security and privacy icon. Maker sure you're on the "General" tab. There you will see the "Allow apps downloaded from" section. Click on button that allows downloads from anywhere and you're a star!
TC
#1294 Posted Sun 28 Feb, 2016 2:11 pm
Did not work in Yosemite :-(
#1410 Posted Wed 20 Apr, 2016 5:03 am

Forums > Production, Sound and Audio > Mastering for iTunesPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up