Music Forums

Forums > Feedback > Mail or no mail ?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

I have a notification that I have 1 new mail message in my inbox. However there is none actually there. I have the suspicion that a user that has recently 'left the building' may have left me a note prior to his departure and that when he closed his account, the mail went with it but the notification icon didn't. Could this be the case?

#3920 Posted Wed 31 Jul, 2019 12:01 pm

I have a notification that I have 1 new mail message in my inbox. However there is none actually there. I have the suspicion that a user that has recently 'left the building' may have left me a note prior to his departure and that when he closed his account, the mail went with it but the notification icon didn't. Could this be the case?

Originally posted by V1CTOR on Wed 31 Jul, 2019

Hey, Vic. Just checked. Yes, seems you are probably right about that. I'm pm'ing you now..

#3921 Posted Wed 31 Jul, 2019 3:18 pm

So there is sort of a bug here. If a user leaves the site (closes account), sends mail before he leaves, and the recipient of that last email has not had a chance to read that mail, the mail itself disappears. However, the notification that there is mail in you mailbox remains forever. Currently, and ever since the user left, the red envelope icon that appears when you receive mail is showing a red "[1]. I assume this will remain forever unless removed from the backend DB. When a user leaves the site, I assume by design the mail disappears. But the counter for the mail they sent should be zero'd on the recipient side as part of the housekeeping routine.

#3948 Posted Tue 10 Sep, 2019 11:45 am

So there is sort of a bug here. If a user leaves the site (closes account), sends mail before he leaves, and the recipient of that last email has not had a chance to read that mail, the mail itself disappears. However, the notification that there is mail in you mailbox remains forever. Currently, and ever since the user left, the red envelope icon that appears when you receive mail is showing a red "[1]. I assume this will remain forever unless removed from the backend DB. When a user leaves the site, I assume by design the mail disappears. But the counter for the mail they sent should be zero'd on the recipient side as part of the housekeeping routine.

Originally posted by V1CTOR on Tue 10 Sep, 2019

Thanks, Vic. Yes, sounds like a creepy crawly to me. We'll look into it. Thanks for letting us know!

#3949 Posted Tue 10 Sep, 2019 2:25 pm

Forums > Feedback > Mail or no mail ?Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up