Music Forums

Forums > Feedback > Prompt for reference mix instead of separate track when submitting an audition

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Before anyone uploads an audition to a project, can a prompt remind them to upload a reference mix NOT a separate track?

I've received a number of separate tracks as auditions which cannot be downloaded without accepting them first.

And I cannot accept separate tracks without first hearing them in the mix.  :/

I realize I can send them a private note requesting they upload a reference mix, but a prompt could save everyone some trouble.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. Thanks!

#3914 Posted Fri 26 Jul, 2019 11:25 am

Before anyone uploads an audition to a project, can a prompt remind them to upload a reference mix NOT a separate track?

I've received a number of separate tracks as auditions which cannot be downloaded without accepting them first.

And I cannot accept separate tracks without first hearing them in the mix.  :/

I realize I can send them a private note requesting they upload a reference mix, but a prompt could save everyone some trouble.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. Thanks!

Originally posted by Roo on Fri 26 Jul, 2019

Hey, Ryan. Yes. It's a very good point. Think its been highlighted previously also, so we need to consider this again.

Thanks for bringing it up. 

Just an idea. Maybe a comment in the project brief area could mention this on your projects. It might help until in the meantime.

#3915 Posted Fri 26 Jul, 2019 11:30 am
Thanks, Lee. I appreciate the suggestion. I will try to remember to include instructions in the comment brief going forward.
#3916 Posted Fri 26 Jul, 2019 1:32 pm
Thanks, Lee. I appreciate the suggestion. I will try to remember to include instructions in the comment brief going forward.

Originally posted by Roo on Fri 26 Jul, 2019

Hey, Ryan. Quick update.

We've added some text on the auditions upload page to help give people a little more direction. Hoping it helps with the issue. Would be good to hear yours and other's experience if you find this helps and is working out with future auditions.

You can also see what this looks like by going to any open project and then going to the Upload Audition page. 

Have a great weekend!

#3918 Posted Sat 27 Jul, 2019 10:19 am
Perfect! The update looks great, Lee. Thank you! :)

You too. Have a great weekend!
#3919 Posted Sat 27 Jul, 2019 10:58 am

Forums > Feedback > Prompt for reference mix instead of separate track when submitting an auditionPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up