Music Forums

Forums > Feedback > Page refreshes to the top when using back arrow.

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

When I click the back arrow, the previous page refreshes all the way back to the top and not to where I was.

Is there any way to have the page refresh back to where you were previously? Maybe it is a browser setting?
#2399 Posted Fri 26 May, 2017 7:48 pm
When I click the back arrow, the previous page refreshes all the way back to the top and not to where I was. Is there any way to have the page refresh back to where you were previously? Maybe it is a browser setting?

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Fri 26 May, 2017

Hmmm, it works for me, I'm using Firefox. What browser are you using? I do believe someone else mentioned this once before. I'll definitely look into it and get back to ya. :)
#2400 Posted Fri 26 May, 2017 8:05 pm
Hmmm, it works for me, I'm using Firefox. What browser are you using? I do believe someone else mentioned this once before. I'll definitely look into it and get back to ya. :)

Originally posted by RAVEN on Fri 26 May, 2017

I am currently using Chrome.
#2401 Posted Fri 26 May, 2017 9:18 pm
I signed into Chrome too, it worked fine for me. I informed Lee, so he'll chime in soon.
#2402 Posted Fri 26 May, 2017 10:09 pm
I signed into Chrome too, it worked fine for me. I informed Lee, so he'll chime in soon.

Originally posted by RAVEN on Fri 26 May, 2017

Thanks, Dani! Perhaps it is just a browser setting? I have not tested with Internet Explorer at all. I just tested again...

If I scroll down to a project from the lounge page to play a file, then hit back, it brings me back to the top of the lounge page.
#2403 Posted Fri 26 May, 2017 10:54 pm
Hey Drew

The browser back button is a bit of hit and miss at the moment. It's a trade off for implementing the continuous player option. The back button does work in most cases for most browsers, but there are some pages and situations when it doesn't work well, as you noted.

We're keeping it on the list of mysteries to solve!
#2404 Posted Sat 27 May, 2017 2:29 am
Hey Drew The browser back button is a bit of hit and miss at the moment. It's a trade off for implementing the continuous player option. The back button does work in most cases for most browsers, but there are some pages and situations when it doesn't work well, as you noted. We're keeping it on the list of mysteries to solve!

Originally posted by MonkeyC on Sat 27 May, 2017

Thanks, Lee! I certainly do not want to sacrifice the continuous player. It's nice to surf the site while listening! ;-)
#2405 Posted Sat 27 May, 2017 11:30 am
Yeah, some times I type out lyrics for consideration even as I listen to the music I'm trying to write for! :)
#2410 Posted Mon 29 May, 2017 6:54 pm
Yeah, some times I type out lyrics for consideration even as I listen to the music I'm trying to write for! :)

Originally posted by ShannonB on Mon 29 May, 2017

That is a great feature for lyric writers, Shannon! The more we can do directly on the site, the better! ;-)
#2411 Posted Thu 01 Jun, 2017 3:21 pm

Forums > Feedback > Page refreshes to the top when using back arrow.Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up