Music Forums

Forums > Feedback > Digital download email

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

For digital downloads from the music library, how about making the receipt and the download email all one email rather than two separate emails? And maybe at some point, make the download a link from the checkout page rather than having to wait for an email?

PS - downloads are a great new feature and I like that you offer a download for both MP3 and hi-def file. :)
#1919 Posted Mon 12 Sep, 2016 12:18 pm
For digital downloads from the music library, how about making the receipt and the download email all one email rather than two separate emails? And maybe at some point, make the download a link from the checkout page rather than having to wait for an email? PS - downloads are a great new feature and I like that you offer a download for both MP3 and hi-def file. :)

Originally posted by JimCavanaugh on Mon 12 Sep, 2016

Hey Jim

Thanks for checking it out. Early days, so all feedback is very welcome.

There are some reasons behind the madness, but let's see.

The reason the links are provided in email, rather than immediately on the page, is mainly to ensure that we are not receiving bogus emails. Particularly for the free CC downloads, we want to ensure that the person downloading is providing a real email. The emails will be provided to the song's owners. When we have paid downloads, perhaps this is not such a concern as the customer will have to provide a real email to make the payment through PayPal.

The other reason is because it takes a bit of time to prep the downloads in the background. So by the time you hit the 'completed' page, the downloads page may not be ready in time.

Last main reason is because the 'completed' page will not be available after you leave it. So the email is the more permanent way to get access to the downloads page.

On the idea of separate emails, could be the way to go. But.. the downloads page will expire, so the link will become invalid on the receipt and we figured that could be a little confusing if someone tries to access it again in the future.

Having them separately means that you can store the receipt, and disregard the download email once you have gotten your tracks.

Both great ideas. We will be discussing and refining as we go.. Would be great to hear what others think too.
#1920 Posted Mon 12 Sep, 2016 12:28 pm
Hey Lee, thanks for the quick response! Everything you mention makes sense to me. And I do understand that it's early in the game as far as refining the process. Perhaps for now, on the checkout confirmation page, you might mention that two emails will be sent; one is the receipt, the second is the link. When I received the receipt I was wondering how to download the tune. It was several minutes before the other email arrived with the link. It would have been better if I knew in advance to expect the 2nd email.
#1921 Posted Mon 12 Sep, 2016 12:47 pm
Hey Lee, thanks for the quick response! Everything you mention makes sense to me. And I do understand that it's early in the game as far as refining the process. Perhaps for now, on the checkout confirmation page, you might mention that two emails will be sent; one is the receipt, the second is the link. When I received the receipt I was wondering how to download the tune. It was several minutes before the other email arrived with the link. It would have been better if I knew in advance to expect the 2nd email.

Originally posted by JimCavanaugh on Mon 12 Sep, 2016

Makes sense!
#1922 Posted Mon 12 Sep, 2016 12:55 pm

Forums > Feedback > Digital download emailPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up