Music Forums

Forums > DAWS & Plug-Ins > Three Years of FL Studio: What I truly think

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Three years ago I taught myself music composition. I didn't know anything. I didn't know what a DAW was. 

#3633 Posted Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:34 am

As usual I somehow by accident press something that posts before I finish. Anyhow. I chose FL Studio. I have been using it for 3 years. I've made a lot of things with it. I've had a lot of fun with it. Yet it has over time irritated me. Why?

1. If FL Studio crashes then it opens up still in the middle of the crash. This can produce a kind of loop that stops work being done.
  2.  The lack of flats in the piano roll. I taught myself hardcore composing before I opened FL Studio. So I need my flats. [insert all the housing jokes here...]
  3.  But worst of all is the mixer set up. In FL Studio you can disconnect a channel from the master and create a dead instrument. You are not told that this has occurred. It isn't clear why it is allowed to happen at all; I don't know why anyone would want to do this. When this happened to me a few weeks ago that was the tipping point. I began to learn Reaper DAW. FL Studio is suited for people who want to make chaos magic; throw around 20 Gross Beats and see what happens. One good thing that Fl Studio does is it plays nice with another DAW; in Reaper you can easily use the FL Studio VSTs as bridged devices. Harmor, morphine, toxic biohazard etc all play nice. That is good from Image Line. Because not all DAW companies allow that.
  4. Thank you
#3634 Posted Mon 24 Sep, 2018 2:43 am

Forums > DAWS & Plug-Ins > Three Years of FL Studio: What I truly thinkPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up