Music Forums

Forums > Community Challenges > Produce Like A Pro Mix & Remix Contest 2018

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

Mix/Remix Contest 2018: Win up to $5000 in Prizes- Warren Huart: Produce Like A Pro

Check the video out and see what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=RWsdjsyDgKQ

Thought this might be something people here could dig their teeth into. You can mix the song or remix it. It is an EDM song so it will be stuck to the grid like glue so that opens up the door to all possibilitites.

Mix means to just mix the trax as downloaded, remix means you can craft it anyway you choose but you must add at least two tracks. So you could just take the vocal and totally reshape the sonics behind that.

The Multi trax pack contains 586MB of data, there's 34 trax to play with..

Just as a word of caution I will ask the people running the competition whether it is okay to work from ProCollabs via our projects. For now I would work privately until we know of the right copyright options they prefer and if they mind us working in a more public project forum.

Rules:  

• You're free to choose between mixing this song as is, or crafting a full-blown remix and adding your own production to it.
  • If you choose to submit a remix, please be sure to include at least 2 original production elements in your track (e.g. Vocals & Bass).
  • This is not a loudness competition, all tracks will be level-matched by the judges before listening.
  • Please only submit your track once, multi-submissions will automatically be excluded from the contest.
  • Submission ends on August 7th, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST. Any tracks submitted after this dealine will be excluded from the contest.
  • The winner will be announced via email, as well as on our blog August 14th 2018.  

How to get in on the fun:  

• Download the Multitracks of 'Right Here'.
  • Mix or Remix the song. Don't be afraid to come up with something completely different!
  • Bounce your track to a 320kb/s mp3 file. Make sure the file name includes your first- and lastname (e.g. 'Peter Pan - Right Here Mix.mp3')
  • Upload your track to Youtube, Soundcloud or another streaming plattform of your choosing and use the Tag 'Produce Like A Pro Mixing & Remixing Contest 2018' in the description.
  • Submit your mp3, along with a link to your streaming track to plapremixcontest2018@gmail.com.
  • Complete your submission before August 7th, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST. 
#3437 Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2018 9:05 pm

Mix/Remix Contest 2018: Win up to $5000 in Prizes- Warren Huart: Produce Like A Pro

Thought this might be something people here could dig their teeth into. You can mix the song or remix it. It is an EDM song so it will be stuck to the grid like glue so that opens up the door to all possibilitites.

Mix means to just mix the trax as downloaded, remix means you can craft it anyway you choose but you must add at least two tracks. So you could just take the vocal and totally reshape the sonics behind that.

Just as a word of caution I will ask the people running the competition whether it is okay to work from ProCollabs via our projects. For now I would work privately until we know of the right copyright options they prefer and if they mind us working in a more public project forum.

Rules:  

• You're free to choose between mixing this song as is, or crafting a full-blown remix and adding your own production to it.
  • If you choose to submit a remix, please be sure to include at least 2 original production elements in your track (e.g. Vocals & Bass).
  • This is not a loudness competition, all tracks will be level-matched by the judges before listening.
  • Please only submit your track once, multi-submissions will automatically be excluded from the contest.
  • Submission ends on August 7th, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST. Any tracks submitted after this dealine will be excluded from the contest.
  • The winner will be announced via email, as well as on our blog August 14th 2018.  

• Mix or Remix the song. Don't be afraid to come up with something completely different!
  • Bounce your track to a 320kb/s mp3 file. Make sure the file name includes your first- and lastname (e.g. 'Peter Pan - Right Here Mix.mp3')
  • Upload your track to Youtube, Soundcloud or another streaming plattform of your choosing and use the Tag 'Produce Like A Pro Mixing & Remixing Contest 2018' in the description.
  • Submit your mp3, along with a link to your streaming track to plapremixcontest2018@gmail.com.

Originally posted by GoodVibes on Sat 14 Jul, 2018

Wow, that's really cool.  Thanks for sharing this, hopefully some members here will enter.  :)

#3438 Posted Sat 14 Jul, 2018 10:30 pm

Rules:  

Originally posted by GoodVibes on Sat 14 Jul, 2018

This is really great Andrew, I’m going to download the tracks and see if I can completely rework it............. just be fun seeing how it goes and what comes out :)

#3452 Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2018 5:01 pm

This is really great Andrew, I’m going to download the tracks and see if I can completely rework it............. just be fun seeing how it goes and what comes out :)

Originally posted by Vuya on Mon 16 Jul, 2018

Good to hear Steve.

I heard back from the people running this competition and they are okay with us working on our trax at ProCollabs. They did not mention copyright but I would suggest to make it out to the performers of the original content.

#3453 Posted Mon 16 Jul, 2018 8:35 pm

Forums > Community Challenges > Produce Like A Pro Mix & Remix Contest 2018Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up