Music Forums

Forums > Community Challenges > The ProCollabs Cut Up Challenge

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Yeah, I won't be cutting up Bowie's lyric phrases either. Instead, I will use the cut up method on an assortment of disparate texts to develop new lyrical phrases. If someone feels that disqualifies me from the challenge, I won't be offended. :)

Originally posted by Roo on Mon 08 May, 2017

This is a challenge not a competition so bring it on brother, the Green Goblet is at stake m friend.
#2337 Posted Mon 08 May, 2017 9:46 pm
Lyrics... Not my cup of tea so I'll just wait for the next challenge :)
#2341 Posted Tue 09 May, 2017 7:49 am
Michett, just to be clear, this is not just a lyrics challenge. It may be challenging for the person actually writes the lyrics but there's still the entire rest of the song that can be written and recorded anyway you want
#2342 Posted Tue 09 May, 2017 9:23 am

Originally posted by Michett on Tue 09 May, 2017

Hey Michett, as V1ctor says it's not just about lyrics, you could join in by doing the music and getting someone else join you who does the lyrics, or you could join up with someone who does the lyrics and you write the music. The challenge is to do a complete track, just using the Cut Up method when the lyrics are done.

Be great if you got involved :)
#2351 Posted Wed 10 May, 2017 11:59 am

Originally posted by Michett on Tue 09 May, 2017

Michiel, If you would be interested, I would be happy to have you on board to mix and produce the song I am working on (Red Dust to Red Dust). I am going to record lyric fit vocals tonight and then figure out who to tap for male vocals.
#2356 Posted Thu 11 May, 2017 2:41 pm
Michiel, If you would be interested, I would be happy to have you on board to mix and produce the song I am working on (Red Dust to Red Dust). I am going to record lyric fit vocals tonight and then figure out who to tap for male vocals.

Originally posted by DonWeismantel on Thu 11 May, 2017

Nice one Don, that's the spirit and exactly what this challenge is about :)
#2357 Posted Thu 11 May, 2017 3:04 pm
(Copy and Paste)
Lyrics... Not my cup of coffee so I'll just wait for... for... for... uh...
#2364 Posted Wed 17 May, 2017 3:32 pm
Just a thought.. lyrics need music.. right? Yes, yo'll may refer to me as 'genius' :)
#2365 Posted Thu 18 May, 2017 1:49 am
You are.
ZzzZzz
#2371 Posted Fri 19 May, 2017 3:02 pm
Haha.......... I think the genius is suggesting maybe you could write some music to join in Xan :)
#2372 Posted Fri 19 May, 2017 4:02 pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forums > Community Challenges > The ProCollabs Cut Up ChallengePage 3 of 9

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up