Music Forums

Forums > Community Challenges > In the Style of - Challenge 2016

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 3 
My song is "You and Me and Him", mixed and mastered by Tom DeGroot. My friend David contributed invisible drums and Tove provided moral support.

Originally posted by grah3am on Tue 23 Aug, 2016

You got it - thanks for participating, you guys rock! :)
#1868 Posted Tue 23 Aug, 2016 5:32 pm
You got it - thanks for participating, you guys rock! :)

Originally posted by RAVEN on Tue 23 Aug, 2016

... and I neglected to mention that this is in the style of The Police, and not (insert name of ridiculous band or singer here.)
#1871 Posted Wed 24 Aug, 2016 8:40 am
Just thought I would share some inspiration to those entering this challenge. My bud Bleu is a master at this sort of thing. While he was still under contract with a major label, this was a side project covering the sound of Def Leppard. Loud Lion... Get it? LOL Featuring Allison Robertson from The Donnas on guitar. They even managed to land a movie placement in Balls of Fury. He also did an ELO sounding project called LEO during the same time period. Both albums are fantastic sound a likes he did just for fun!

Originally posted by DrewRoss on Mon 11 Jul, 2016

Love the song, but the video is classic! The ping pong theme was awesome! Ha ha...
#1873 Posted Thu 25 Aug, 2016 9:55 am
Love the song, but the video is classic! The ping pong theme was awesome! Ha ha...

Originally posted by tpistilli on Thu 25 Aug, 2016

Then you will love the movie. Funny Stuff! :-)
#1875 Posted Thu 25 Aug, 2016 6:48 pm
Quick reminder to let you all know that the challenge will be ending on Sept. 1st, 11:59pm EST. So if you haven't already, please finish up your projects and complete them into the Music Library if you plan on entering!

Good day, sir! :)
#1894 Posted Wed 31 Aug, 2016 1:11 am
A message posted on Wed 31 Aug, 2016 3:37 pm was deleted by Vuya
A message posted on Thu 01 Sep, 2016 9:18 am was deleted by Vuya
Our Community Challenges were designed to engage the growing community of members that we have here on ProCollabs and to provide a platform for networking, fun, and improvement for those of you who are serious about making better music, growing as an artist, and for meeting and socializing with other talented artists in the process. Not to mention the opportunity being presented to participants to be able to maintain a completely FREE membership on ProCollabs.

However, with only a handful of members now getting involved in these challenges, and considering the costs and effort required to plan, setup, and run them, it is with heavy hearts that we have decided to cancel the current challenge and to suspend all future challenges. We may consider reopening the challenges in the future if and when there is more of a demand for this type of thing by the community itself.

For those of you who have enjoyed these challenges over the last year (and we have some amazing music in the Music Library now as a result of your efforts), you are all very welcome to use the forum space in order to setup and manage your own community challenges. We’d love to see you guys continuing with the great work and would be 100% supportive if you wanted to continue.

With that said, we want to thank the few members who did enter this latest challenge. We appreciate you guys so much for always giving it your all and being so supportive. You are all winners in our book and on that note we will be awarding all of you the first prize, actually, double that.. you guys deserve it!
#1904 Posted Fri 02 Sep, 2016 2:33 pm
Our Community Challenges were designed to engage the growing community of members that we have here on ProCollabs and to provide a platform for networking, fun, and improvement for those of you who are serious about making better music, growing as an artist, and for meeting and socializing with other talented artists in the process. Not to mention the opportunity being presented to participants to be able to maintain a completely FREE membership on ProCollabs. However, with only a handful of members now getting involved in these challenges, and considering the costs and effort required to plan, setup, and run them, it is with heavy hearts that we have decided to cancel the current challenge and to suspend all future challenges. We may consider reopening the challenges in the future if and when there is more of a demand for this type of thing by the community itself. For those of you who have enjoyed these challenges over the last year (and we have some amazing music in the Music Library now as a result of your efforts), you are all very welcome to use the forum space in order to setup and manage your own community challenges. We’d love to see you guys continuing with the great work and would be 100% supportive if you wanted to continue. With that said, we want to thank the few members who did enter this latest challenge. We appreciate you guys so much for always giving it your all and being so supportive. You are all winners in our book and on that note we will be awarding all of you the first prize, actually, double that.. you guys deserve it!

Originally posted by ProCollabs on Fri 02 Sep, 2016

This is sad to hear, but maybe the ProCollabs community is simply not ready for these types of challenges just yet? Perhaps as the community grows there will be more interest? I have never been big on the challenges or contests myself, as I felt that the competitiveness could suck the fun out of making music for me. I guess I just prefer to make music on my own terms. I always enjoyed listening to the songs that were submitted though. ;-) Thanks for everything you guys do. You are the real winners! :-)
#1917 Posted Sun 04 Sep, 2016 12:24 pm
I didn't know about this challenge. I must have been really busy or just wasn't available at the time. I would have loved to try and pull off some Alice in Chains type stuff just for fun. Anyway, if there's anyone around who likes that kind of thing please get in touch with me. I would love to try for something dark and heavy similar to AIC
#1952 Posted Mon 10 Oct, 2016 2:52 pm
1 2 3 

Forums > Community Challenges > In the Style of - Challenge 2016Page 3 of 3

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up