Music Forums

Forums > Community Challenges > 2016 Video Sync Challenge - Rio

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

1 2 3
Hey guys, This concept is going to be quite different from past challenges, but we think you’re going to really enjoy it. Please click play on the video below. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the beautiful scenes of Rio. Now get your timecode running and create a song or music that fits the scene and meets our project brief. Yep, that is the challenge! [b]Project Brief[/b] Produce a soundtrack for the video that inspires viewers to see the world from a new perspective, to be optimistic about life and to look forward to things to come. [i]Genre:[/i] Any. Open to both song/lyric and instrumental music. [i]Tempo:[/i] Any. [i]Mood:[/i] Feelings of accomplishment, possibility, excitement, optimistic. [i]Track Length:[/i] 3:28 Download the video from here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/static-procollabs/video/Rio_no_audio.avi or here https://s3.amazonaws.com/static-procollabs/video/Rio_no_audio.mov (Right click the link and 'save as') [b]How to Enter[/b] Post in this forum the title of your song and the names of your team members, and publish your song into the Music Library no later than midnight, Sunday April 3rd, 2016 (EST). Winners will be announced on April 7th. [b]Challenge Rules[/b] We will not be assigning the teams, so you can freely invite and collaborate with whoever you like. However, a member can only participate in a single entry (with the exception of audio engineers). There’s also no registration time cut-off. So members can decide to take up the challenge at any time prior to closing on April 3rd. You [b]do not[/b] need to post a version of the video with your music embedded – just complete your projects as you normally do and we'll do the rest. - The song must be written and performed as a collaboration with no less than two members. - Only one entry per team is allowed. And, with the exception of audio engineers, a member can only collaborate in one team. - Your project must be a "Public" or “Public by Invite” project. - Any member can enter. Moderators and the like sadly cannot. - Your song must be original, 100% written, recorded, and produced by the team. - Cover art can be your choice, please make sure to give proper credit to the artist/photographer. [b]Judging[/b] Contest entries will be judged by a panel of independent couch-potatoes who will consider the extent to which: - The music achieves the project’s brief; - The timing and dynamic of the music synchronizes effectively with the visual imagery of the video; - The music creates interest and compels the viewer to watch the whole video. A maximum of 4 marks will be awarded for each of the three categories, representing a maximum of 12 marks. In addition, one bonus mark will be awarded for each of the following: - On-time completion and submission to the Music Library; - Properly and appropriately completing all datasheet information (e.g. title, description, mood, genre, tempo, key, lyrics, credits, copyrights, etc.); Therefore, a total of 14 marks can be scored overall. Challenge results will be posted on April 7th. The winning team will receive an additional 1 GB of space for their membership plan and have their music synced with the video and posted to our YouTube Channel. Everyone who enters will receive a stunning ProCollabs Grammy for their profile! And, as usual, bragging rights have the most value :) For questions or help, contact Raven or MonkeyC.
#1285 Posted Thu 25 Feb, 2016 3:27 pm
I think I might have a few songs/concepts which could fit the clip. I'm defenitily up for it!I'll post an idea later today.
#1286 Posted Fri 26 Feb, 2016 4:48 am
I'm in. I don't have a team yet, so whomever is interested to join my team, let me know!
The song is called "What Used To Be". You can find the song on my dashboard ;)
I'm thinking whether there should be vocals on it or not. Anyone is welcome to audition (vocals, drums, keys, or anything else).
#1288 Posted Fri 26 Feb, 2016 8:26 am
I'm in. Looking for Brazilian style percussion after the sunrise and a bass line.
#1289 Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2016 9:59 am
Cool, guys. Great tracks you've posted! Excellant start!

Btw. The video is a hefty download (I assume you are all downloading it...?) If you have any problems, let me know. We could probably post a smaller version if its a problem.

Oh, and I recently found out that Cubase lets me import videos to work with for just these types of occasions. I wish I was a part of all the festivities :)
#1290 Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2016 12:58 pm
The avi file would not work on a late model Mac running Logic. A link to a QuickTime version would really help Mac users.
#1291 Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2016 4:48 pm
Thanks for letting us know, Wayne. We'll post a link to a QuickTime version first thing tomorrow. :)
#1292 Posted Sat 27 Feb, 2016 4:59 pm
The avi file would not work on a late model Mac running Logic. A link to a QuickTime version would really help Mac users.

Originally posted by Embers on Sat 27 Feb, 2016

Hey, Wayne. Posted a .mov file here https://s3.amazonaws.com/static-procollabs/video/Rio_no_audio.mov - Can't check it on a Mac myself, but should be good to go.
#1293 Posted Sun 28 Feb, 2016 12:08 am
Que buena idea, quiero participar!
#1295 Posted Sun 28 Feb, 2016 3:06 pm
Que buena idea, quiero participar!

Originally posted by southamericanflutes on Sun 28 Feb, 2016

Que es genial. Puede iniciar un proyecto e invitar a otros miembros.
#1296 Posted Sun 28 Feb, 2016 4:38 pm
1 2 3

Forums > Community Challenges > 2016 Video Sync Challenge - RioPage 1 of 3

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up