Music Forums

Forums > Vocals > Vocals

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

So....if someone posts that they need Vocals, but he/she doesn't have lyrics, does that mean they really just want vocalizations, like a few random la la las, or some random screaming throughout? Maybe it depends on the song?....
#2652 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 4:56 am
So....if someone posts that they need Vocals, but he/she doesn't have lyrics, does that mean they really just want vocalizations, like a few random la la las, or some random screaming throughout? Maybe it depends on the song?....

Originally posted by ShannonB on Tue 08 Aug, 2017

Hmmm, that's a good question. Could be when someone has an instrumental up, and the description says 'needs vocals' - they probably mean 'lyrics' as well. Kind of goes hand in hand, especially if there are no lyrics posted. But you're right, there is no way of knowing unless you reach out to the project manager and ask.
#2656 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 10:20 am
I had to look back at some of my projects to see what I do, but they do have lyrics and I think I usually put Vocals and Lyrics as a "need". Personally, I think if someone puts Vocals wanted and there aren't any lyrics then they are also looking for them. But it's a good question and as Dani says, probably the best way to be sure is to ask :)
#2657 Posted Tue 08 Aug, 2017 12:51 pm
I always assume that "need vocals" means they need a singing lyricist. I wouldn't be very likely to want to sing someone else's lyrics anyway; I can write lyrics and do a preliminary topline of a good instrumental in an hour or two, typically.
#5275 Posted Thu 04 Jan, 2024 9:07 pm

Forums > Vocals > VocalsPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up