Music Forums

Forums > Guitar > Apps for guitar

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

One useful app that I found recently is called "Reverse Chord Finder". It is an Android phone app. I have used it to get the name of a chord or a partial chord so I can enter it in Real Band or Band in a Box to create simple backing tracks. Another Android phone app that works well is "smartChord". Definitely worth checking out if you use alt tunings and someone asks you "What is that strange chord you're playing?".
#2273 Posted Thu 27 Apr, 2017 5:22 pm
One useful app that I found recently is called "Reverse Chord Finder". It is an Android phone app. I have used it to get the name of a chord or a partial chord so I can enter it in Real Band or Band in a Box to create simple backing tracks. Another Android phone app that works well is "smartChord". Definitely worth checking out if you use alt tunings and someone asks you "What is that strange chord you're playing?".

Originally posted by MJC252 on Thu 27 Apr, 2017

That sounds pretty awesome, thanks for sharing! :)
#2274 Posted Thu 27 Apr, 2017 5:32 pm

Originally posted by MJC252 on Thu 27 Apr, 2017

Yeah. Can be real tricky trying to figure stuff out sometimes. Gonna have to check those out.
#2275 Posted Fri 28 Apr, 2017 5:27 am
Me too...... I play a lot of chords where I leave some of the strings open, they sound great but I have no idea what they actually are!!
#2276 Posted Fri 28 Apr, 2017 11:20 am

Forums > Guitar > Apps for guitarPage 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up