(from my bio...)
Dave Edwards is a worship leader, singer, professional multi-instrumentalist, and music director in the NYC metro area. Mr. Edwards has performed in a variety of venues from NYC’s CBGB's and Rockwood Music Halls to Lincoln Center, and appears on over 30 recordings as a multi-instrumentalist and singer, having been heard on Jazz88 (WBGO Newark/NYC), TBN, QVC,
Dave has shared the stage or studio with some of the world’s finest
musicians, including Ali Ryerson, Laila Biali, Vivian Lord, Alexis Cole, Rufus Reid, Nick Jonas, B.D. Lenz, Ed Palermo Big Band (Frank Zappa Big Band), Rob Mathes, and has been a featured worship leader for events hosting pastors Luis Palau, Tim Keller, Rick Warren, N.T., Wright, & Joe Stowell.
For the past 20 years, Dave's main effort has been serving as a
worship & arts leader in his local congregation. Over this time, he
has equipped over 100 musicians and technical artists in the pursuit
of spiritually building up the church through worship arts and music
"Dave Edwards is easily the most gifted multi instrumentalist I have ever heard. In addition to a remarkably rich and moving tenor voice, any band would be lucky to have him as their sole Drummer, Guitarist, Pianist or Bassist. To be able to play brilliantly on both a conceptual and technical level on four separate and demanding instruments and also play well on fiddle, dulcimer and other instruments is a marvel to behold."
-Rob Mathes, producer/arranger (Sting / Springsteen / Lou Reed / Yo-Yo Ma / Renee Flemming)
American Boychoir School Princeton NJ (singing, ear training, theory, conducting, recording)
Indiana University (piano performance, percussion studies)
William Paterson University (BM in jazz studies / upright jazz bass)
Apollo QUAD with many great UAD plugins for tracking and Audient light pipe expander for 16 track sessions.
-Ibanez 5-string bass with Bartolini pickups / preamp
-Yamaha recording custom drums with Zildjian cymbals
-Yamaha mox8 weighted action keyboard with great sounds (based on Motif)
-1890's German carved upright bass with Fishman pickup in the bridge (I almost always record the DI too)
-Martin acoustic guitar
-Nylon string guitar
(4) UNISON enabled digital preamps as part of the UAD Apollo QUAD
(2) Audient class A console mic preamps w/ "Retro" dual stage color saturation (HMX & IRON)
(6) additional Audient class A console mic preamps
(2) Seventh Circle Audio Neve style preamps with Carnhill input and output transformers
(2) C84 double-balanced mic preamps from Seventh Circle Audio
(1) Presonus Eureka channel strip
(2) Mic-Parts S87 and T47 large diaphragm condensers
(1) Rode NT2a large diaphragm condenser
(2) AKG C451B small diaphragm condensers
(2) Rode NT5 small diaphragm condensers
(1) Audix D6 large diaphragm dynamic mic
(3) Sennheiser MD421 large diaphragm dynamic mics
(2) Shure SM58 dynamic mics
(1) Shure SM57 dynamic mic
Many great UAD and Waves plugins. All the UAD ones can be used for tracking.
Electric and fretless bass, acoustic guitar, and vocal tracks $75 per song up to 5 min. Upright bass and drums $100 per song up to 5 min. Experienced session player.
Get it now, or continue looking around?