Music Forums

Forums > Hangout > How Many Songwriters Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?

No politics. No religion. It's all about the music, people! So keep it clean, polite, and be sure to read our Community Guidelines before posting in the forum.

"Increasingly, it takes a village to write a pop hit." - Found this interesting study that has analysed the average number of writers involved in writing hit songs over the last 40-50 years. Collaboration, it seems, is a pretty important tool on the road to success.. http://priceonomics.com/how-many-people-take-credit-for-writing-a-hit-song
#1339 Posted Thu 17 Mar, 2016 4:57 am
"Increasingly, it takes a village to write a pop hit." - Found this interesting study that has analysed the average number of writers involved in writing hit songs over the last 40-50 years. Collaboration, it seems, is a pretty important tool on the road to success.. http://priceonomics.com/how-many-people-take-credit-for-writing-a-hit-song

Originally posted by MonkeyC on Thu 17 Mar, 2016

It's akin to the science of dialing performance, economy and handling into modern cars. Except the cars turn out great. I'm not impressed by committee songs. Sufjan, Prince, and Janelle sound superior because they care about their own stuff. The hit composers care about money.
#1343 Posted Thu 17 Mar, 2016 7:45 pm
Haha. My favorite has alway been, " How many lead singers does it take to put in a lightbulb".
Response:
They just stand there and let the world revolve around them and then you to auto-tune the bulb for the brightness level!!!
So sorry.
TC
#1344 Posted Thu 17 Mar, 2016 8:04 pm
Hey, hey, hey - I don't use Auto-Tune....but I do want the world to revolve around me. :)~
#1345 Posted Thu 17 Mar, 2016 8:12 pm
For you, it does. You are right there with Alana.
:) :) :) :)
#1346 Posted Thu 17 Mar, 2016 9:02 pm

Forums > Hangout > How Many Songwriters Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb?Page 1 of 1

Sign-up to reply or leave a comment

Member Sign in

Forgotten Password

Not a member? Sign up